Thread: Need help on finding several XTL5000 W3 part Numbers

motorolanovice No Longer Registered

Default Need help on finding several XTL5000 W3 part Numbers

Merry christmas from Australia,

I thought I would take a break from riding my kangaroo around the backyard and ask my fellow radiosexuals for some help.

If possible can I get current part numbers and prices for the following:

1) All bits required to convert a xtl5000 to a W3 remote head setup (I already have the W3 head)
    2) W3 extension Cable

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,323 Times in 1,804 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    Moved to Parts ID.
    Maybe one day In the future I might post in the correct section
    Sorry mars Its been christmas day for the last 8 hours here so Im pretty hammered

Thanks

No problem. I laughed when I read you were riding your kangaroo. Sick bastard. I hope you used lube and showered when you were done.

GS4 No Longer Registered

Mike Maureen has a bunch of W3 heads and Y cables FS, I just checked and he has stock. http://www.twowaybroker.com/ used2way@gmail.com

GS

Quote Originally Posted by GS4 View Post
    Mike Maureen has a bunch of W3 heads and Y cables FS, I just checked and he has stock. http://www.twowaybroker.com/ used2way@gmail.com

GS
    Thanks mate answered one of my questions. Can someone look at the attached picture and confim if this is what I need and what a current price for it is.Untitled.jpg

Thanks

Typical BS

Model No. HLN6344E * Item has been cancelled
    INTERFACE BOARD
    Unit of Measure: 1 EA

Time for the dumb question of the day On my xtl5000 with a 03 remote setup there is the same connector on the front right side will this work with the W3 or is this just a maint thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    Typical BS

Model No. HLN6344E * Item has been cancelled
    INTERFACE BOARD
    Unit of Measure: 1 EA

Thanks

I can answer that one as I've actually tried but unfortunately the answer is no, that J600 (IIRC) is an accessory connector.

Also, I remember reading somewhere that the W3 TIB is a different part number to the TIB that suits the rest of the W-series CHs, but I'm not positive?
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella237 View Post
    I can answer that one as I've actually tried but unfortunately the answer is no, that J600 (IIRC) is an accessory connector.

Also, I remember reading somewhere that the W3 TIB is a different part number to the TIB that suits the rest of the W-series CHs, but I'm not positive?
    Thanks for the Info Andrew I thought that would be the answer.

Thanks to mars the above picture is available under a new part number MHLN6365F

I think I might go with an O3 remote head setup It seams to be around the same price. thanks all

IMG_0249.jpg

For the unbelievers if you force a W3 codeplug into the xtl and use an O3/O5 remote head setup it is possible to get it all working. IF you have it setup at an O3/O5 codeplug you get a fail 01/90

Thanks

Ah okay, I didn't try the W3 codeplug as the radio I'm trying to fit the W3 to won't boot because of the "CH req for power up" option, so I can't write a CP to it without a CH attached, and the W3 on that accessory connector still wouldn't allow power-up?
    Andrew