Thread: mcs2000 programming

Brasi No Longer Registered

Default mcs2000 programming

Hi everybody!

I'am trying to programm a MCS2000 (MR503AA TYPE - MODEL M01RFL9PW4AN) and not suceeding.
    The issue is that I've tried with several RSS versions and after reading the radio (F2) there is a message appearing that says "codeplug is too new for this application".

So my question is what does the expression "new" means for this case:
    - application (SW) is too old for her ?
    - application (SW) is too new for her ?

I've tryed with R04.00.00, R05.04.00, R05.04.10 & R05.05.00 running properly on my Toshiba 4000CDS W98 (1st ed.) with the batch file configured (config.sys) to run in MS-DOS mode as Motorola instructs. But once the radio has been read, all SW versions are giving the exact same message... "the codeplug is too new for this application"...

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks

Brasi No Longer Registered

Hi Magnus. It worked perfectly.
    Thanks a lot for your prompt and efficient help!
    bye

motorolaxtl No Longer Registered

Hi everybody i recently brought a Motorola MCS2000 from a guy in Australia i tried to program it with the CPS and its coming up Image unpack fail block i have tried everything anybody got any idead is it dead i do not know what the story is. and any suggestion on how i can fix it.

Thanks

I see the problem... your user name is the wrong model

But seriously, if CPS will still read the radio it isn't dead, sounds like somebody has been playing silly buggers and jammed a corrupt s-rec into it or something like that, I'm no Jedi expert ("...use the force Luke") but it think these radios have issues with tool-proofing as well.

Does it mention which block failed?

I guess the first thing to try is to find someone who can make you a clean codeplug and see if you can write that to the radio. We would need some more information on the history and the radio to make any further guesses.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
    Andrew

motorolaxtl No Longer Registered

Thankyou for the reply iam not sure of the model number in relation to error it is saying the Image or something like that.

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

What's the model number of the radio?
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.