Thread: XTL5000 O3 and CPS 18.00.01 - Radio Flow Control Could Not Be Set on Read/Write

Thanks

Default XTL5000 O3 and CPS 18.00.01 - Radio Flow Control Could Not Be Set on Read/Write

Hi everybody,

The XTL5000 saga continues... Yesterday my UHF Q Split XTL5000 had it's O3 HHCH dropped back into Maintenance Mode again after turning it on 30 minutes after it was working fine. Tried reading/writing to it in Maintenance Mode, During Boot Up and also in FlashZap mode but alas no cigar would just come up as if the radio wasn't connected. so I put the radio into FlashZap mode and performed a Control Head Sync with the BE CH sync/firmware file (For the zillionth time to try and get it working again).

It went through and took about 40 minutes with a serial OEM cable through the front of the TIB but it seemed to work and reflashed the O3 and said it was successful.

Sadly the head still goes into Maintenance Mode straight away despite hearing received audio coming out of the XTL's speaker :/

Now when I try and read or write it's coming up with;

NEXTGEN10
    Radio Flow Control could not be set
    Error Context 24, Status c0000387

I'm about to throw this XTL at a wall... But I may try and do another control head sync again first...

Any ideas, searching google and the forum didn't bring up any information on Radio Flow Control... Could this be RS232 related? I am using a USB to Serial converter but I've never had any issues with it and unless Windows XP has changed my settings I haven't changed them.

One thing that came to mind was the Xon/Xoff setting in com ports settings...

Do people have as many issues with W3 XTL5000's? I may decide to go in that direction soon if the pain doesn't cease.

Cheers,
    Ash

Thanks

PS Firmware in the XTL is 16.00.02. I believe this is paired to the BE firmware sync file

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 677 Posts

You are on the right track, Xon/Xoff is used when there are no hardware handshaking lines. The handshaking lines are CTS and RTS for RS232. Either your programming cable, the HHCH, or your radio has problems on one of the serial handshake lines - those are probably used to talk to the head as well as the PC, so if the radio by itself is screwing up, it sounds like it's not the cable. You need to narrow down if it's the head or the radio, try swapping a different control head out to see if you can narrow it down to being one or the other. From your description, it sounds like it's more likely the radio causing the problem.

The actual problem could be a static protection diode is blown or par-blown, or the RS-232 line drivers may have taken a static hit or have just plain failed.