Thread: XTS3000 - QCII

Thanks

Default XTS3000 - QCII

Quick question for the group. I am a firefighter and I picked up an XTS3000 today mainly for P25 scanning duties, but I'd also like to use it with our fire channels. After doing a quick search am I right in seeing that the XTS3000 does not support QCII paging? I'd really like to have this in my radio, but it isn't a deal breaker if it doesn't do it. I do have a department supplied pager (obviously) as well as my own XPR6550 and a Kenwood TK-780 which support QCII... But I don't like dragging the XPR onto the fire scene so I will use the XTS for that. Paging would be a bonus, but not a deal breaker. And yes, we do have department supplied portables (HT750's typically) but sometimes there aren't enough to go around... so I will use my own! (And yes, I do have permission!)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,631 Times in 1,889 Posts

No QCII in the 3K. Sucks, but not going to happen.

Best bet is to get a ASTRO25-family portable like the 2500/5000, as they do QCII.

And believe it or not, the HIGHER TIER radio (APX family) does NOT support QCII. Motorola crapped the bed when they made that decision.

northstarfire0693 No Longer Registered

Someone told me once you can make an a/s qcii or something like that, but I never seen it

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 Times in 670 Posts

Since the A/S is essentially the same as a 3K feature-wise, I'd tend to say no, it won't do it either.