Thread: 900 MHZ johnson goes stupid on programming by FPP

coopcity6 No Longer Registered

Exclamation 900 MHZ johnson goes stupid on programming by FPP

So I got a cool 5100 from eBay. Confirmed radio worked before programming. Radio was good.
    Now when I got put the ham stuff in on 900 I enter the freq as seen online and radii takes. When exiting out of fpp mode, radio reverts 10mhz down than what was put in. Why in gods green earth is this happening?
    Ideas?

Thanks

It appears to be a firmware bug. Add 10MHz to whatever frequency you are trying to put in. The bug in the system will subtract the 10MHz.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRadioTech View Post
    It appears to be a firmware bug. Add 10MHz to whatever frequency you are trying to put in. The bug in the system will subtract the 10MHz.
    So simple I had to quote it. Thanks I'll try it now look out for a reply on the same bay channel!

That did the trick, but what happens when the radio by default goes 892.***** I have to go to PC and load default data any work around

XPR8300 No Longer Registered

I created FPP channels in mine that already had some channels set to TX 896 and some set to TX the output. Named them FPP RPT and FPP SPX depending on what i am trying to put in the radio.

33cm does not need this as once the first digit is set as a 9 you are good to go. What screws you up is if you need a commercial input that is in the upper 8xx range.

Quote Originally Posted by XPR8300 View Post
    I created FPP channels in mine that already had some channels set to TX 896 and some set to TX the output. Named them FPP RPT and FPP SPX depending on what i am trying to put in the radio.

33cm does not need this as once the first digit is set as a 9 you are good to go. What screws you up is if you need a commercial input that is in the upper 8xx range.
    That works out well actually but since the radio bugs at times, it will throw in a default 89xxx frequency and it takes a bit of finagling to get it back to 900. It does really weird things. Maybe I should look at a firmware update.

What version do you have in it? 4.14.5 is the current (and final) version for this series of radios. It is available on this site as well.

I'm running 4.8.1. But to update you have to put the radio into a certain mode correct?

Boot the radio holding the bottom side button (the one above PTT) and it will put it in bootload mode. You may get a message telling you the bootloader was out of date, once it updates you will need to reboot the radio with the button pressed again to continue loading application code.

Cool have to give it a shot. So with the newest firmware I shouldn't have these issues. I don't want to loose my fpp and my other good stuff.

you will still have the -10 Mhz issue, but i have not had mine freak out as long as I remember to add 10 MHz to whatever frequency I desire the radio to end up on. you will not lose any features in the radio.

WHATS THE PASSWORD???
    i got everything but i dont know the password for the firmware update.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 664 Posts

The secret password is 'huskers' (w/o quotes).

THANKYOU!!!!!