Thread: Possibilities of XTS3000 and educational information needed

arunasd No Longer Registered

Question Possibilities of XTS3000 and educational information needed

Hi there,

This is my first post here and it's also a 1st of Jan, a good way to start the year

Anyway, I recently acquired a large amount of XTS3000's, and I have no knowledge in this field what so ever. I been doing a lot of research and reading online, but there is just so much information that it's very easy to get lost and waste to much time.

So if someone here could tell me what are the capabilities of XTS3000 as well as what it can be used for would help a lot.

Also, if someone could provide me with some guidance to beginners guide to all that flashing and programming of these radios I would really appreciate that, as all I find right now is pretty advance stuff and I guess I would have to get familiar with the basics first.

This is the details for the radios I have:

XTS3000
    Model I 800 MHz
    Mfg. Code: 1000040000004
    Model No: H09UCC9PW5AN

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 6,631 Times in 1,889 Posts

Those are flashed with Digital CAI (IMBE) vocoder operation for conventional and Smartnet trunking.

The value will vary with the following factors:

- Age of firmware
    - Tags on back?
    - Missing knobs/PTT buttons or other damage
    - Do they have UCM or older non-UCM secure modules installed? If so, what firmware and algorithms are present in the modules? (hard to tell with Model I radios)

Generally, model I 800 MHz XTSs are going for about ~$100.

Value can be increased with firmware updates. Extra value with ASTRO25 9600bps Digital Trunking firmware/flash option.

boliver No Longer Registered

How are the XTS3000's going? I just bought a few also, and am trying to learn what to do with them to increase my knowledge of ham radio. Their built like a brick outhouse, and I would take these over any radio I've owned so far. Any luck with yours?