Thread: Cheapest Motorola Portable Available for Use w/ Full Keypad

Thanks

Default Cheapest Motorola Portable Available for Use w/ Full Keypad

I'm looking to install a radio system for our university camping lodge which has very poor cell phone coverage. These radios will be used for emergency and routine communications relating to the university camping operations, and we want a telephone interconnect available for emergency use.

Two questions:

1- What is the cheapest Motorola portable which has full keypad and can be programmed for any repeater offset in the 450-470 range. I believe a P1225 UHF w/ Keypad is perfect for our operations but I obviously need to be able to purchase a quantity of these radios and these aren't made anymore.

2- Telephone interconnect for dummies on a shoe string: I understand repeater controllers can interpret DTMF signaling to allow phone communications. Is there an easier way (from the radio user standpoint) to enable telephone operation on a Motorola conventional analog system without needing to learn the specific DTMF codes? I would assume without breaking the bank, this would have to mean programming the HT to automatically dial the touch tone codes.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,329 Times in 1,807 Posts

Assuming you want to use 2.5 KHz analog?

Thanks

With rebanding now in effect you should want either the P1125 or the HT750/1250 series radios. the interconnect can be put on a base radio I suggest a CSI Patch I have used many of these with no issues.

http://www.connectsystems.com/produc...%20PAGING.html

Thanks

CP200XLS, beats the pants off of a HT1250 any day as far as receive and they are cheaper.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Notarola View Post
    With rebanding now in effect you should want either the P1125 or the HT750/1250 series radios. the interconnect can be put on a base radio I suggest a CSI Patch I have used many of these with no issues.

http://www.connectsystems.com/produc...%20PAGING.html
    Where can I buy one of these? This is one of those elusive companies that you can't purchase anything from anywhere near their website.

CP200XLS means I'll have to pay the $250 CPS subscription?

Thanks

Yes, you would have to buy the software. Same with the HT750/1250. The p1225 is no longer made but new parts are hard to get if they break and the full keypad models were not that popular. I would recommend the cp200xls.

Will No Longer Registered

I have one of the Motorola Phone Patch/Repeater controllers, i50R, HLN9000A here. In very good condition.

Thanks

I personally like the Zetron model 30 for telephone interconnect. Easy to interface, and it just works. Tie this to a CDM or other mobile and you are in business. I will all second the CP200XLS or HT (waris) series.

meadowcst No Longer Registered

I know you are prob looking for new Motorola Products but if you are thinking maybe used the HT1000 matched with a Hi-Cap Batt and Keypad is Un-STOPPABLE. I have had very good results as far as range and found them very durable. We were forced to switch to the Ht1250 and no one was very happy !! Just my 2 cents ( For reference http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-HT1...item2c6b37d8cf )

meadowcst No Longer Registered

"With rebanding now in effect you should want either the P1125 or the HT750/1250 series radios. the interconnect can be put on a base radio I suggest a CSI Patch I have used many of these with no issues. "

I forgot about ReBanding.. Made that post outdated before it left my keyboard. Sorry

Thanks

Sacrilege I know, but have you considered non-Motorola? Kenwood has some stuff cheap... might even be worth considering HYT, etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meadowcst View Post
    "With rebanding now in effect you should want either the P1125 or the HT750/1250 series radios. the interconnect can be put on a base radio I suggest a CSI Patch I have used many of these with no issues. "

I forgot about ReBanding.. Made that post outdated before it left my keyboard. Sorry
    D revision HT1000s will do narrowbanding just fine.

As far as purchasing used stuff on eBay, forget about it. You said it yourself these radios will be used for emergency use and will supplement cell phone coverage. Nobody should be buying the cheapest radios they can find for emergency use because these radios may be your only lifeline.

Thanks

CPS200XLS is $272.80 on eBay brand new with programming. That's not half bad.