Thread: New ASTRO25 Flash Option: Q369/G369 Inter System Roaming (ISSI)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,323 Times in 1,804 Posts

Default New ASTRO25 Flash Option: Q369/G369 Inter System Roaming (ISSI)

Inter System Roaming (ISSI) is mentioned in the firmware 19, CPS 18 release notes. However, the notes did not state a flashport upgrade to add the new Q369/G369 ISSI option is required to use/access/program it in CPS.

Q369/G369 is activated in position six of the flashcode, by adding a weight of 2. Example: xxxxxx-2xxxxx-x. If P25 Radio Authentication is also present, the value is A.

ISSI is accessed in the Trunking System - Coverage Type, field.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 342 Posts

Long time coming, I guess with the pressure on and many people buying Harris and EFJ IP25 systems, this feature was requested by the many customers who have been asking for it.

Now one day, all the rednecks who run the 12 different systems around here will put their peckers back in their pants and we'll actually have ISSI and a metro area wide system...NOT. I'll keep dreaming!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,323 Times in 1,804 Posts

I'd love more documentation on how ISSI works, etc.

I assume only ASTRO25 7.x systems can connect together? How does the system deal with two RIDs (from separate systems) which are the same?

Thanks

No, ISSI does not require an ASTRO25 system. We have an "overlay system" which was funded by our COG. Three sites are 7.x infrastructure... one is Harris (for various political reasons).
    GIDs and RIDs map across directly in our system - but you can alter these "in flight", mapping GID 1 to GID 2 for instance.

Up until now, you've had to fingertip-roam to the Harris site. I'm wondering if this option will eliminate that need. I shall have to test it out... unfortunately that site is two counties away.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    I'd love more documentation on how ISSI works, etc.

I assume only ASTRO25 7.x systems can connect together? How does the system deal with two RIDs (from separate systems) which are the same?
    I'm wondering the same thing Mars. Maybe during the authentication handshake while roaming on another system, the Home SYS ID is associated with the actual RID. If they are two different systems as you noted, maybe that's the way they differentiate between the two radios with the same RID. Hopefully an ISSI guru can jump in here and confirm. We don't have anything connected via ISSI here yet. Everything is finger tip roaming with coordinated RID schemes....but it's just a matter of time.

-M142

Thanks

Ah I just love all the speculation!

Obviously Motorola does too as getting information on features is like getting blood from a stone?
    Andrew

Thanks

From everything I know, RIDs must be unique - even on an ISSI system. Texas has started issuing blocks of IDs to any agency who requests them, so they will be unique.
    GIDs are *not* unique... our local ISSI system has a set of wide-area TGs that traverse the ISSI. GIDs are different on each side.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tvsjr For This Useful Post: