Thread: PR1500 Zone select

Thanks

Default PR1500 Zone select

This is driving me nuts.. I am programming a VHF PR1500 for a friend.. Im using CPS 09.01.02 and thats working fine (kind of).. He wants a second zone added . I have the second zone set up but when I set the ABC switch to Zone select I get an invaild field. I have tried to go to the zone name to add 1 or 2 but thats greyed out... The CPS says its set up for 32 channels. What am I missing?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Firecpt809 View Post
    This is driving me nuts.. I am programming a VHF PR1500 for a friend.. Im using CPS 09.01.02 and thats working fine (kind of).. He wants a second zone added . I have the second zone set up but when I set the ABC switch to Zone select I get an invaild field. I have tried to go to the zone name to add 1 or 2 but thats greyed out... The CPS says its set up for 32 channels. What am I missing?
    Did you set all 3 positions to zone select for both conventional and trunking? If not, you will get an invalid field error.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by squeaky View Post
    Did you set all 3 positions to zone select for both conventional and trunking? If not, you will get an invalid field error.
    There is no trunking in the FC so that is greyed out. Since there is only 2 zones of 16 I figured zone C would be set as blank or unprogrammed. I got it now.. I think

Thanks
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Firecpt809 View Post
    There is no trunking in the FC so that is greyed out. Since there is only 2 zones of 16 I figured zone C would be set as blank or unprogrammed. I got it now.. I think
    Yes, in that case you only have conventional settings. Each of A, B and C must be set to zone select or the radio will not be happy. All 3 have to be the same.

chpalmer No Longer Registered

PR1500's will only do 32 channels. (Im of the belief it is all of them) So that only fills 2 zones complete. Or 11 channels on 1 and 2 and 10 for 3 ect....

(Id love to know how to get all 48 individual channels filled on my agency radios.)