Thread: XTL2500 Maintenance Mode Help

atms169 No Longer Registered

Default XTL2500 Maintenance Mode Help

I have the XTL 2500 with CPS 17 HKN6183B Serial cable. I have two remote heads and when BOTH are powered up I get "Maintenance Mode Local Device".

I can't read the radio as I also get "Radio Failed to Acknowledge Error Context 24"

I have also installed the CPS on 3 different computers with different OS'. I've tried multiple USB to Serial adaptors as well.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what to do!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

vpd7503 No Longer Registered

Have you had both heads working together before. I read in a thread while researching my on little disaster about numbering the heads in a config mode. And I also believe the codeplug has to be provision for multi-head hardware as well.

Take care,

Thanks

Not sure of the history here but (most of the time) XTL's need to have the control head(s) synced with the brick before they are recognized by the radio. This can be done with CPS and the programming cable connected to the CH being synced.

You will not be able to read the codeplug through the CH because the radio doesn't recognize it as a CH until it's synced, are you able to connect to and read/write the brick itself (may require a different cable)? Mainly just to confirm it's booting up but it's also handy to find out the exact Host version and make any changes needed?

You might give us a little more information here, such as, is the radio mid-power or high; are you trying to make a dual-head setup or just trying one head at a time; when was the radio last working; and what happened to cause the issue?
    Andrew

jaaredmond No Longer Registered

Default Random "Maintenance Mode" display

Anyone ran into this? I have an XTL2500 VHF that randomly displays "maintenance mode", "remote device" upon power up.
    This is a dash mount, no remote head.
    image.jpg

Thanks

Thanks

I thought I saw something about this being addressed in one of the more recent firmware releases... what firmware are you running?

Thanks

Host 15.00.09 addressed an issue with this on conventional with the HUB not grounded causing excessive interrupts and putting the radio into maintenance mode.

I think there was also a cold-weather issue recently but that's not an issue here in the South.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 843 Posts

What are the THREE LETTERS in the middle of the serial number of the radio that is affected? There is an FSB relating to a particular run of radios that exhibit this problem.
    Apparently NOT a radio professional.