Thread: Whats involved in changing out and upgrading a Qantar controller???

Thanks

Default Whats involved in changing out and upgrading a Qantar controller???

Hi,

I have a UHF Quantar that I would like to update update the controller and frimware. The new controller I have has the firmware version that I want what do I need to do to the station? Do I save the receiver and transmitters configuration and load it into the new controller(How?)? Do I need to retune the station after the swap? Is there a guide to doing this? Any help would be great....

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks

High level overview looks like this:-

1) Save the codeplug from the original SCM to disk.
    2) Swap the SCM out. Make sure that you update the codeplug to a version that matches the firmware in the new station version - ie, If you're running firmware 14, upgrade the codeplug to version 14. Failure to do this can result in bricked SCM's.
    3) Load the codeplug into the new SCM
    4) Perform a full alignment on the station.

The Quantar User manual covers replacing the station module with one thats the same hardware version, and it even goes so far as to tell you to swap the firmware DIMMs/SIMMs. This may or may not be what you are trying to achieve, so download the User guide from here --> https://www.p25.ca/threads/161-Quantar-Manuals and read, read, read

Perhaps you might want to post the board model numbers from your old SCM and new one, and the firmware versions in each, rather than having us guess

Cheers,
    Matt
    Last edited by MattSR; Jan 11, 2013 at 02:43 AM.