Thread: XTS3000 not working

Thanks

Default XTS3000 not working

Good evening all. A friend gave me an XTS3000 VHF Model II to look at. He said it would be working fine then all of a sudden it would go into service mode for no good reason. He'd shut it off and after a while turn it back on and it would work fine before happening again. I haven't been able to get it to do that but now it works fine for a while and then just stops receiving and transmitting. The display works fine, you can see it changing channels, going in and out of scan mode, changing to direct mode and get the squelch when hitting monitor. The tx light goes on when you push the ptt but no tx and no rx. It's not in any type of scan programming mode. Anyone ever experienced this or have any ideas? By looking at it you'd never know the radio wasn't working properly. Thanks for your time.

Jim

Thanks
    Thanked 6,305 Times in 1,799 Posts

Thread moved to hardware repairs.

It's hard to tell what's wrong, without putting it on the bench and taking a look. It could be a bad RF board, or even a bad controller.

Have you opened the radio to check for physical damage? (water)

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response and sorry for putting it in the wrong thread. I have not opened it but he says it didn't get wet. Based on how he treats his radios I tend to believe him.