Thread: Astro Spectra rear control cable "upgrade"

Thanks

Default Astro Spectra rear control cable "upgrade"

So I finally get my 110W Astro Spectra assembled after replacing the vocoder among other things. Digging around in my collection of radio crap, I thought I found a normal control head cable but upon further inspection I find its just a rear control head cable.

Now wanting to not waste this cable and spending money I looked to see if I could I just shoehorn in the orange & green wires needed to turn on the radio. Looking at the schematics from batlabs, I see that it just looks like I need to add wires at pins 15 and 47 on the control head side.

Is that the only connections needed? Or is there something else missing?

Thanks

The rear cable just has the power cut close to the connector. Usually use either a front or rear cable for the rear head if it's a short run.

You may be able to whittle done the material around the wires to solder on to at least one of them and jumper the head accordingly.
    If you look at the schematics you may determine you can jumper around them if you do not need ignition control of power or TX

Thanks

Yeah, the cable i have is a HKN4378A. I don't need ignition control nor TX control, I just want to have the power button on the control head work.
    I removed the rubber sheathing at the control head side and don't see any cut wires.