Thread: Motorola Astro Spectra and Motorola Astro Spectra Plus

Thanks

Default Motorola Astro Spectra and Motorola Astro Spectra Plus

i have a astro spectra 800mhz Vselp mobile with a W9 head i just got a Astro Spectra Plus 800MHZ P25 mobile i'm looking to remote mount this radio.
    my friend has a few astro spectra VHF that was used as a remote mount radio can i use the remote parts from his radios to make this astro spectra Plus a remote unit and use my cables from my old radio?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,323 Times in 1,804 Posts

The hardware is the same.

You may wish to verify the AS+ vocon is configured as a W9, first. If not, you'll need to get the vocon reprogrammed by someone with tools.

Firmware may also be an issue, depending on what type of monitoring (and possibly secure hardware, as there was a major bugfix as of R14 which cleaned up a loud clicking noise in secure audio) you want to do.

With AS+ you gain some features, but also lose others. No more Soft ID decode. (there's a hack for encode)

Thanks

i was not going to use the W9 head from my old radio just make the new one a remote type radio useing the parts from my friends astro spectra VHF.
    i have been told my control cable from the old radio in the car will work this is all i would like to know so when to re-install this new one things will work?
    Last edited by davidzimmerman; Jan 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: more

Thanks

Yes, it will work. As long as you use the head that came with the spectra+. Thats how we remote mounted our "radios". We bought W4's and some old 900mhz radios that were remote mounted. Took all the parts and scrapped the 900s.

Thanks

Default motorola astro spectra+

Quote Originally Posted by ccip4911 View Post
    Yes, it will work. As long as you use the head that came with the spectra+. Thats how we remote mounted our "radios". We bought W4's and some old 900mhz radios that were remote mounted. Took all the parts and scrapped the 900s.

thanks for your help i got the remote parts from the VHF astro spectras to use on the spectra+ when i'm ready to change out the radio.