Thread: Toggle Button Programming Options

Thanks

Question Toggle Button Programming Options

Is it possible to program all three positions of the toggle switch (located around the channel selector)? The software (2.10.2) only seems to allow a single entry, even though the switch is a three position switch. I envision something like:

A - Normal
    B - Scan
    C - Keypad Lock

Thanks

Do you want nuisance delete while scanning? If so, then the scan on/off has to be a momentary contact button because the same button controls both functions on 5100s. (mine uses the third side button for scan on/off & nuisance delete) I would also think that it would be a problem to have 'c' perform 2 functions (Scan on & keypad lock) We have our 5100s to have the rotary switch just do keypad lock/unlock, since on our MTS2000s & XTS5000s the 2 position rotary switch is keypad lock.
    I'm the guy standing in background shaking his head when people show a complete lack of common sense....

"The very nature of public safety work causes Charles Darwin to spin in his grave."

Thanks

I was thinking that the unit would only scan in position B. C would be keypad lock, no scan. I also have several MTS series and the XTS series radios. I try to keep my amateur radios similar in configuration to my professional radios, which means I'm not programming the orange button!

Where is the nuisance scan option configured in the software? And does turning it off/on allow for three options to be configured for the toggle switch?

Perhaps I'm not understanding how the switch circuitry is designed? From your comments it could be interpreted that:

A=A
    A=A+B
    C=A+B+C

XPR8300 No Longer Registered

Default Toggle Button Programming Options

Generally speaking when programming binary on/off options to the abc switch the b/c is strapped together.

A- off
    B- on
    C- on

Thanks

That was the answer I was looking for. Interesting, that mechanically it appears to be a three position switch, but programmatically, it's not.

XPR8300 No Longer Registered

It is a three position switch both mechanically and electrically. If you program it for Zone, then A B and C operate independently. With any function that is considered binary, the firmware "straps" positions B and C together to a logical '1' with position A being a logical '0'.