Thread: XTS5000 battery problems

Spencer4Hire No Longer Registered

Post XTS5000 battery problems

I have a problem with with my XTS5000 model 3 radio with firmware version R19.00.00! I use impress batteries two of them are a week old OEM and fully charged. When I apply to radio for a couple minutes I will get the battery widget in upper right corner with all the bars, then it will show zero bars and flash, as well as the low battery chirp. The impress smart battery information in the radio shows battery at 100% fully charged. The batteries show 7.5 volts, so there is a problem with radio. Does anyone know what the problem may be.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,323 Times in 1,804 Posts

You may need to calibrate your low voltage (6.9V) setting. It's done via tuner. You need the special variable power supply gadget, or some other external, jury-rigged means. It's very easy to do -- if you have the right hardware.

Do your IMPRES batteries do this on other radios? What's the history of your problem radio? Is it a panter88 or eBay special? Was it ever dicked around with Depot?

Thou this was purchased on Ebay from radio888, and is not a Panter88 radio reconstruction. This radio started as a model 3 . I will try the tuner suggestion. Thanks for your suggestion!

Can you explain the procedure on how I do this in tuner and how to open low voltage tab?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,323 Times in 1,804 Posts

Use the Tuner help file. That's what Motorola put it in there.
    Attached Images Attached Images