Thread: XTL2500 FPP?

psteele35 No Longer Registered

Question XTL2500 FPP?

Good afternoon. This is my first post to the forum. I have been lurking for a while and searching for the information but can't seem to find it. I know that the XTS5k's and XTS2500's will do FPP. My question is this... If I have an XTL2500 with a DTMF mic can it be flashed for FPP?

Thanks!

Thanks

No.. None of the Astro25 mobiles are capable of this option. The APX mobiles, are however.

-Marc

That's a bummer. Thanks for the quick reply!

Thanks

Just to add to the confusion, there is apparently some form of FPP on O5 control heads although I've only ever seen vague references to it (in typical Motorola fashion) and I've never been able to make it work?

From the XTL5000_O5_Control_Head_User_Guide under the heading of "Field Programming" on page 7 it states:

"You may use the control head to program your own mode names.
    The names you assign are clearly shown in the alphanumeric display."

Make of this what you will but for me this is yet another frustrating example of Motorola's Customer Support... give us a tiny hint at what's possible but absolutely no instruction on how to do it!
    Andrew

Thanks

That is typical M, but in this case I believe the field they are referring to are the fields in the cps that can be programmed, not programming in the field.

Thanks

That is what I thought too but a) this is in the CH User Guide and b) it says " ~ use the control head to program ~ "?

I guess they could be talking about connecting the cable through the CH but this is a very strange reference... why only mention mode names and not every other CPS programmable option?

Maybe Motorola has it's own Japanese translators writing their manuals?
    Andrew

Maybe like back with the old Spectra's where you could modify the channel name though the control head... Hard telling, not knowing.