Thread: XTL2500 and XTL5000 control head

N0PBM No Longer Registered

Default XTL2500 and XTL5000 control head

Can the XTL5000 control head be made to work on an XTL2500? I'm in need or a XTL2500 M5 head and i have a O5 control that i could use maybe.

Thanks for your time
    Gary N0PBM

Default Re: XTL2500 and XTL5000 control head

Ok I'm a new member here so maybe I have done something wrong. I join back in December and seemed to greeted with open arms. Now I have asked a couple of questions and it seem like no is willing to answer them. So have I done something or asked something that I should not have. Our is it that no one knows? I try and search threads before asking my questions and if I don't find answers then I ask my questions.

Gary

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

motorolanovice No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by N0PBM View Post
    Can the XTL5000 control head be made to work on an XTL2500? I'm in need or a XTL2500 M5 head and i have a O5 control that i could use maybe.

Thanks for your time
    Gary N0PBM
    Answer No unless you flash the 2500 to a 5000 then your good to go

Ok thanks i will look into that option.

Thanks

Its not personal, but your question leads down roads we can't go down. The truth is yes the two can work together but in order for that to happen either the head would have to be convinced it was a m5 or the radio convinced it was a 5k. This requires Motorola proprietary lab/depot type software and further discussion is against our rules. I don't want you to think everyone is ignoring you, but some questions can be hard to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Its not personal, but your question leads down roads we can't go down. The truth is yes the two can work together but in order for that to happen either the head would have to be convinced it was a m5 or the radio convinced it was a 5k. This requires Motorola proprietary lab/depot type software and further discussion is against our rules. I don't want you to think everyone is ignoring you, but some questions can be hard to answer.
    OK well i dont what to go places we should not or get the board in a bind thanks for the reply.