Thread: Multiple new questions on the apex radio

coopcity6 No Longer Registered

Default Multiple new questions on the apex radio

I am still at it with my unknown version of apx but i managed to force the certificate file into a machine running xp, and it has managed to bypass the invalid driver issue i was having for the longest time.BUT.....
    now when i try to refresh on that same computer i get this message: "could not load file or assembly "motorola.cps.acp.communiction.usbautodetectlib.dl l" or one of its dependecies. the specified module could not be found.
    Now i associated all files with the program so that is done but what is the short version meaning of that message?
    also can you insert a micro memory card into that little slot on the bottom of the radio and if so what does it do???
    I figure i would throw on the f/w file and put it and see if the radio acts differently. i have never actually got an answer to what that slot really does

Thanks

The slot currently officially does nothing. It is connected to a bootable interface on the OMAP1710 processor but I have been unable so far get it to recognize a micro sd card.

coopcity6 No Longer Registered

Another big brained idea from Motorola. I don't get why they put in useless items and expect us to figure what out what it does

syntrx No Longer Registered

Because it gives them options down the track for if/when they write the software to make it useful, and doesn't actually cost them much to add. Same reason the radio has a high resolution colour display that it doesn't really need.

Mapping/blue force tracking applications are something that's been specifically mentioned by Motorola as a future possibility. There are lot of people working in alpine rescue that would love something like this, for example.