Thread: remote XTL2500 flashes NO USB when i connect cable direct to box

throwed No Longer Registered

Default remote XTL2500 flashes NO USB when i connect cable direct to box

gday all, exactly as my heading states.. my remote mounted XTL2500 flashes NO USB on the LCD when i connect the program cable (hkn6184c) direct to box but yet i can program the radio with the same cable via the head ??? my other radio lets me use the programming port on the box and the head ?? can anyone please tell me why it does this and the fix for it ?? many many thanks everyone

christian

Thanks

That's because the control head and the brick itself (via the rear connector if it's a mid-power) are both "USB Devices", the TIB is not.
    Andrew

thanks for the answer mate, we also have a xtl5000 high power 03 here and that programs no worries via the program port on the front of the box.. what could be so different between a low power and a high power one? is something so different that i have to program the mid power remote via the rear 26 pin data connector?

Thanks

You'd have to ask Motorola about the philosophy behind their decisions but as you know, high power radios don't have a rear connector so I guess you need to have some option to program a high pwr O3 since the CH option doesn't exist?

Why they didn't just carry that over to the mid-power radios as well I will never know? I agree it is a PITA and I've been caught out having only the wrong cable with me in this situation myself, that's probably got something to do with why field techs mostly use serial cables, one cable does all?
    Andrew

i agree its a cruddy idea they had so if im reading correct if i buy a serial lead and use that on the same connector im trying to use the usb on it will work can the serial cables be used for firmware also?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by throwed View Post
    can the serial cables be used for firmware also?
    Yes it can.

Thanks

i agree its a cruddy idea they had so if im reading correct if i buy a serial lead and use that on the same connector im trying to use the usb on it will work can the serial cables be used for firmware also?
    As Magnus said, yes, but they are much slower than the USB cables.

thanks fellas , i remember listening to ice t back in the day hes hes still making beats to lol

Thanks

thanks fellas , i remember listening to ice t back in the day hes hes still making beats to lol
    Ha! Yeah, a lot pf people here were going with old cartoons and whatnot for their names & avatars, so I took a similar route...old gansta rap, lol.

Thanks

What I wanna know is... what the hell is he sucking on at gunpoint??
    Andrew

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella237 View Post
    What I wanna know is... what the hell is he sucking on at gunpoint??
    Lol...I never considered how it looked to someone unfamiliar with it. It's a shotgun barrel. The album was titled "Freedom of Speech...Just Watch What You Say." Supposed to represent 'the man' holding him back from saying what's real.

freedom of speech! yeah boy just watch what you say! haha greatness! i love the track you played yourself and what ya wanna do

Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 Times in 664 Posts

Hah - I thought it was a bong.