Thread: Chinese XTS-5000 Battery Clones (that say Motorola on them...)

Thanks

Default Chinese XTS-5000 Battery Clones (that say Motorola on them...)

I ordered the lithium 5500 mAh pack from china on eBay and it arrived today. At first glance, it's a bit lighter and if it proves to have higher capacity will be very nice. It also has that DC charging jack in the back for use with their included typical chinese ****ty lithium battery charging adapter.

Of interest is that it has a Motorola-like label and imprint on the back. I assume it's a counterfeit label (not that I care too much if it works). I'll report back once I've used it.

For your viewing pleasure:

IMG_20130122_140532.jpg
    IMG_20130122_140543.jpg

The top/left one is the chinese version (it also has the jack in the back and the QC sticker on front).

Thanks

It's scarey how well the Chinese copy things.
    I am surprised that it is lighter than the NiMh Motorola.
    Common sense is Uncommon.
    You can't fix stupid, but eventually it takes care of itself.

kb2qou No Longer Registered

The Li-Ions have the flat-backs, which seems to be the dead giveaway that its a knockoff. Let us know how well they holdup compared to the real thing.

Thanks

I'll probably run the battery down a couple times and then use my charger to do a discharge/charge cycle and let you all know the actual capacity (I'm well aware the Chinese are known for over exaggerating capacity).

Thanks

First drain lasted almost 19 hours on RX only of a local police station on P25. Promising.

Thanks

How's the fit compared to OEM? Does it wobble or is it acceptable?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotdelta View Post
    How's the fit compared to OEM? Does it wobble or is it acceptable?
    Exceptionally tight fit. No wobble whatsoever. Had to give a real thump on the button to get it to release the clutches of my 5100.

Thanks

All too often aftermarket batteries leave a lot to be desired. I still don't like how they obviously counterfeited it so I probably won't be considering one any time soon but I am curious how it works out for you.

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Default Chinese XTS-5000 Battery Clones (that say Motorola on them...)

I had a Kendoo battery eliminator that I bought at Dayton that refused to come off the radio easily. Had to pry it off.

Took it into them at the next Hamvention to complain and they didn't believe me. So I put it on the radio and handed the radio over to the guy and told him to take it off. After a couple of minutes he gave up and handed over a new one. I forced the old eliminator off the radio and stuck the new one on. Same problem. Their cases were off just enough to make removing them almost impossible. I pried that one off the radio and handed it back.

He offered me a battery instead and I told him if it used the same casing as their battery eliminator, chances are it would not fit and I would end up prying it off as well. After damaging a new battery eliminator I didn't think he wanted me to damage another product of theirs so he quickly refunded my money.

I've never bought another knock off Chinese product since then.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Thanks

Wow, thats interesting about Kendoo! I have a few of their products and they fit like a glove.

mikem No Longer Registered

I'd normally comment on the tight 'Chinese fit' but it will probably get me in trouble so I'll stay on track here.

Since I have never ordered from china or anywhere else overseas I was wondering if anyone has ever had a big time delay in shipping from china and also in your case how long did it take to arrive from the time you ordered it?

The reason I ask is cuz I ordered an excellent deal whiz bang solder station with all the options for too good of a price thru a US distributor on Dec. 1st of last year.

The distributor typically has a lot of product on hand and I usually receive things in a day or two from the midwest but in this case due to the excellent price and it being close to x-mas they were out of stock but they anticipated a quick shipping time of several days from their China supplier and the several day delay would still be time enough for an x-mas present.

It has been 2 months now and I was told on Monday of last week that it was finally released by the US FDA for shipment to me, apparently it was quarantined in the same crate along with some tainted dog food.

kb2qou No Longer Registered

I've ordered stuff from China, Hong Kong, Tiawan and took anywhere from 7 - 14 days. I've only bought accessories, batteries, connectors and the like. Never has trouble with customs *knocks on wood*.

Thanks

I order stuff from China and Hong Kong all the time; once in a while I get a snag during the inspection. It happens usually not because of your shipment, but some idiot.

My favorite of all time though is I had paid for FedEx Express for an air band radio from India. I see it gets to the US and then sits in Ontario, California for 3 days on a Customs Hold. I called FedEx to get more information and it turns out, the entire load on the aircraft was being inspected by US CBP by hand due to some idiot actually sending cocaine via FedEx...

Thanks

I've never had a customs issue. I have purchased things for $.99 that took a month to ship. But that's for a USB-Audio adapter with free shipping. Not sure how that's profitable but I won't complain.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,977 Times in 2,214 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broadcom View Post
    I've never had a customs issue. I have purchased things for $.99 that took a month to ship. But that's for a USB-Audio adapter with free shipping. Not sure how that's profitable but I won't complain.
    Shipping definitely costs more than $0.99! This is either a huge screwup on their end, or someone over there is mentally challenged.

Thanks

Sounds like DealeXtreme... free shipping on anything, no minimum order.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    Shipping definitely costs more than $0.99! This is either a huge screwup on their end, or someone over there is mentally challenged.
    I really don't care as long as I get the product

Someone could be paying them to get rid of the cheap usb-audio cards useful for digitizing audio and streaming with the raspberry pi.

Thanks

DealExtreme has a very good bulk rate shipping deal with Hong Kong Post so I hear. I think they can get small packet rates at like 30 cents USD; Everything else I am not sure.