Thread: EFJ 5100 smartnet/smartzone help

towman79 No Longer Registered

Default EFJ 5100 smartnet/smartzone help

I have racked my brain for weeks on this and I know I'm missing something stupid, I just can't see it. I am able to program (no affiliate scan) my 5100 for the 700/800 p25 system here (txwarn 1A7) but I am unable to successfully program the sister system, 800mhz analog type II smartzone (txwarn 2318). some of the smaller departments in my area have not migrated to the new system yet (no telling when the will) so I want to monitor both systems. If i program it as a smartzone system and use RWS it still tries to affiliate. If i program it as a smartnet system (I only need to monitor one site anyway) and set to affiliate on PTT it dosen't try to affiliate but it dosen't RX anything.

Is there anything other than the sys id that I need to hex edit in the codeplug, or is it just a setting i'm skipping.
    I add sys, load 1234 key and select it, add cc chanel, add TG's, set up zones, affiliate on PTT, tansmit power low, save codeplug as, hex edit 1234 to 2318 and save, reopen codeplug, write to radio, no luck???

242-5183-810-gb2
    pcc 1.28.0.8
    v2.4.6

thank you for your help, I have learned alot from this forum.

Thanks

Are you able to post/email your codeplug for us to have a look? It sounds like you're doing everything right.

Thanks

The radio is trying to register on the SmartZone system because there is no option to only affiliate on PTT for SmartZone, (like there is on a SmartNet system) SmartZone by definition is Multisite so the radio MUST affiliate so the zone controller knows where to route traffic.

i have it set up as smartnet. I only wish to monitor one site anyway. I thought I read some were that it would work that way
    Last edited by towman79; Jan 24, 2013 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks

Some really old versions of PCC and firmware did allow that but EFJ made a change so that you could no longer program the system as SN and have it work on a SZ system.

is there some other way to monitor this system on this radio.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IntrinsicallySafe View Post
    Some really old versions of PCC and firmware did allow that but EFJ made a change so that you could no longer program the system as SN and have it work on a SZ system.
    I'm using 4.14.05 firmware with PCC version 2.something and it lets me program a SmartZone system as SmartNet for passive monitoring.

Any idea what PCC version is the limit for this allowance?