Thread: Differences between XTL Consolette and Astro Specrtra Consolette

P25CT No Longer Registered

Default Differences between XTL Consolette and Astro Specrtra Consolette

For purposes of connecting an L3208 and MC3k handsets to a consolette with a W9 head chassis inside the consolette, would an XTL consolette with a w9 head xtl5k drawer in it interface the same with the 3208 and mc3k handsets?

If it talks sb9600 and acc port 3 has same logic pins as legacy astro consolette it should be identical.

I dont have a xtl consolette service manual to compare..

Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy Note II

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 739 Posts

I am not absolutely sure about the XTL but I did upgrade my Astro Spectra consolette to an AS+ and that worked identically. That did not change the radio hardware other than the VOCON board.

I am not certain if the AS+ and the XTL consolettes are the same, but I believe they are. The APX one is radically different, though. I agree that as long as the port (I thought it was J2) is the same and they both are made to interface to the same digital console/handsets then I would pretty much have to assume they are communications compatible.

Thanks

If you look at the astro spectra to astro spectra plus conversion manual it says if doing it to a consolette you have to swap out the audio board or whatever it is called to a newer one. Perhaps that manual is on the site somewhere? The plus and xtl use the same board. I am not sure why that audio board would need to be changed???

Jason

Thanks

See attached....please not it doesn't affect TRC models.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 739 Posts

Thank you for the update and clarification. I didn't update my consolette board when I did the update, just dropped in the VOCON. Since I am apparently not using the detection output the update addresses, it worked fine in my application. Also my consolettes were the TRC variant of the Astro Spectra Consollete, so they have a more advanced board than the standard local control model. I'm not sure exactly of the part number but maybe the update doesn't apply to the TRC version, perhaps?