Thread: New Vertex DMR radios

Thanks

Default New Vertex DMR radios

Since theres no Vertex subforum, I guess this is the most appropriate place to post this

Vertex is officially announcing their new DMR lineup tomorrow

Here is a sneek preview, they are completely based on the VX-450 series portables and the VX-4500/4600 mobiles

http://www.everge.vertexstandard.com/

Press release - http://www.everge.vertexstandard.com...ase_012313.pdf

Over the previous Vertex DMR radios, these support Enhanced Privacy, and the repeater supports Dynamic Mixed Mode, however im told the original DMR lineup is being kept as a 'Higher Tier' Vertex DMR radio

Only the non display mobiles and portables are available now, display models are being released Q2

Approximate cost for the basic portable is $300, and $350 for the basic mobile (dealer cost)

....bargain bin DMR radios

syntrx No Longer Registered

If Enhanced Privacy is standard, that'd make these pretty damn competitive compared to the XPR3000 series, where EP is a $50 option.

What's the likely street price for the repeater?

Thanks

Im not sure, more pricing info should be available by Friday.... the current VXD-R70 repeater is ~$1500 dealer cost.... I wouldnt expect this 'new' one would be any more...this new one looks like an identical repeater with different firmware....only difference I can tell there is so far is Dynamic Mixed Mode, hopefully there will be a update to be able to have DMM in the VXD-R70 repeaters.....there is absolutely no difference between these repeaters and the XPR8400 except for firmware, ill find out more during the webinars tomorrow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mfr334 View Post
    there is absolutely no difference between these repeaters and the XPR8400 except for firmware, ill find out more during the webinars tomorrow
    my buddy has one, they wont do IP site connect ? kinda lame

Thanks

Yup I agree, hardware is identicle, firmware is the only limiting factor.....looks like the two bootloaders are nearly identicle.....first one to cram trbo firmware in a vertex repeater wins a prize

Thanks

Yup I agree, hardware is identicle, firmware is the only limiting factor.....looks like the two bootloaders are nearly identicle.....first one to cram trbo firmware in a vertex repeater wins a prize
    Lol and watch how long it will take to release a fix to stop that one

According to the local Vertex tech rep, the new repeaters are to support some version of repeater linking protocol - it will be interesting to see if vertex can link repeaters and what other features they did get access to.
    Last edited by techman; Jan 24, 2013 at 02:52 PM.

Thanks

Awesome, ill see what i can find out during the technical webinar later this afternoon

Thanks

Will these radios be narrow band only, or will they be able to use something like Motorola offers to be usable in the ham band? GARY

Thanks

Vertex does something that makes sense, they have a 'International' version of AA CPS that enables 25 KHz operation

Thanks

Not to much to report

ARTS is being added to digital mode, the new software (CE142) doesnt have the Mototrbo look to it like the current VXD software, looks identical to the VX450/459/4500/4600 software. lame.

Repeater will not have RDAC

IPSC sounds like it will be coming in a future firmware release for the repeaters

Trunking possibly on the horizon

Display models wont be available until Q2 (May)

Radios currently only have basic privacy, enhanced is coming in the next firmware release, but absolutely no mention of AES-128 of course

I screen shot the webinar, and can post as a ppt if there is interest

No word on repeater pricing yet, I expect the ball park to be ~$1500 dealer

Mars/Admin, how about a Vertex section? I have a lot I can contribute
    Last edited by mfr334; Jan 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks

Yuck... don't like the looks of those at all, especially with the old school seven segment looking display. Personally I really like the Hytera radios, but they aren't really any cheaper than just buying an XPR from Mother M.

Thanks

I dont like the LCD look either, but realistically most customers only have 1 or 2 channels and dont care......but ill still stick with my 7550

One fail I notice is its looks like the radios arnt capable of ARS, I see no mention of it in the software

They really are meant to be bargain bin DMR radios

Thanks

I just bought a 7550 today actually... really curious to see how it performs compared to my 6550. I like the retro mini-astro saber look it has. And I agree, the Vertex are obviously meant to be a lower tier. These ones (to me) look to be a step back from the current Vertex XPR clones (cosmetically at least). But yeah, most users won't be looking at the bells and whistles anyways like you said.

Thanks

They're keeping the current XPR clones as a higher tier radio.....the new ones arnt great for guys like us, but they do fill a market void

I love my 7550, RF performance seems better, antennas perform better, the 6550 series antennas on VHF with GPS sucked performance wise, audio is incredible....actually havent had one that sounded this good in a long long time, its not louder but the quality of the audio is better then the APX... love the continuous rotary..... bluetooth programming is so handy...GPS on/off by button, great radio overall, fixes most of the short comings of the original 6550 series... if it had the standard SMA antenna connector it would be better, but I can live with it

Thanks

They're keeping the current XPR clones as a higher tier radio.....the new ones arnt great for guys like us, but they do fill a market void

I love my 7550, RF performance seems better, antennas perform better, the 6550 series antennas on VHF with GPS sucked performance wise, audio is incredible....actually havent had one that sounded this good in a long long time, its not louder but the quality of the audio is better then the APX... love the continuous rotary..... bluetooth programming is so handy...GPS on/off by button, great radio overall, fixes most of the short comings of the original 6550 series... if it had the standard SMA antenna connector it would be better, but I can live with it
    I have an XPR7550 on the way. Hope to have it up and running in the next few weeks. I don't get how Motorola can develop and sell a radio like this for <$1,000, but an APX radio is several thousand.

Thanks

All about knowing your target audience I guess!

Thanks

Have the firmware updates been released yet? Any new goodies?

Thanks

It looks like they switched the side the antennas on and put a worse screen. A little disappointing in terms of the screen. Also, is it just me or is the keypad more crammed?

Thanks

New details have eVerged... errr, emerged.
    image005.jpg

Thanks

We are demo-ing the EVX-534 right now. So far so good, apart from the initial STEEP learning curve for the software. But other than that not a bad little radio. I'll do a detailed write up if anyone is interested.
    See ya star-side!

masterlizzard No Longer Registered

Please do, I'd like to see you experienced.

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 738 Posts

So, uh, are you experienced?

Have you ever been experienced?

Well, I have...

masterlizzard No Longer Registered

LOL, i meant , I'd like to see the review on the radio.

Thanks

Holy slow loading site Vertex, I take for granted my 100 megabit internet at home sitting here at lunch on my Toughbook with a somewhat weak 2G signal LOL...

They appear to be just a step above the analog legacy radios they mimic for a bargain basement price...

Review please!