Thread: QC II

Thanks

Default QC II

From MTUG today...

Quickcall Signaling Encode/Decode
    • This feature is being planned for SR7.14.5, which is 2Q 2014.
    • The first release will be a Decode only. Encode will fall in a subsequent release. This was need to fit the feature in to the release.
    • ACTION: Need to identify the MTUG person to work with to assure feature compliance to the request

Thanks
    Thanked 8,704 Times in 2,391 Posts

Summer 2014. Wow. No one will care by then

Thanks

They're probably planning some other "solution" for paging by then so they can turn around and say "hey, you don't need that anymore, so we're not going to implement it."

Thanks

What are they trying to do - redesign the wheel?

Why all the crap about implementing this and phasing in that, it's been a mainstay feature of their radios for decades, if they haven't got a handle on it by now someone needs their butt kicked!

What a bunch of MTUGGERS!
    Andrew

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Default QC II

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    Summer 2014. Wow. No one will care by then
    By that time they'll have it decoding pocsag paging and they'll be trying to switch everybody over from qc2.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Thanks

Hot damn, now you're talking, I'd love POCSAG decoding built into an APX!

Although I don't know how reliable it'd be without a dedicated second receiver, you'd probably get nothing but gobbledygook (if you got anything at all), not that our current POCSAG system is much better?
    Andrew

Thanks
    Thanked 8,704 Times in 2,391 Posts

I wonder when the APX will get PL tone decoding, or even CAI Digital operation. Does it come with those basic options yet?

Motorola: You are beyond incompetent. QCII is a feature a majority of your DUAL BAND customers need NOW, not 1 1/2 years from now. Are you people ****ed in the heads? What's wrong here? Do you not understand your customer needs, and WHY a particular customer would go dual band? Eliminate pager. One radio does it all. Page on VHF or UHF, respond on the 700/800 TRS. A large number of agencies do this. (or use VHF/UHF for the TRS)

I know if I was the communications coordinator for EMS/Fire in my area, I could EASILY sell people on the APX radios if they had QCII. Everyone is still toned out on VHF and carries a Minitor.

This is a perfect example of a company that's become so large, and so out-of-touch with their customers, they just "don't get it" anymore. So terribly lost and useless.

I know of a local radio engineer who is meeting this week with Harris and Tait to discuss their APCO-25 Trunking networks, for a large-scale implementation. People are FED UP with the attitude and ego of Motorola. All those "not free" firmware updates bit you morons in the ass. Kind of leaves the customer with a bad impression of the company when the customer must pay to fix a VENDOR's problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kf4lhp View Post
    From MTUG today...

Quickcall Signaling – Encode/Decode
    • This feature is being planned for SR7.14.5, which is 2Q 2014.
    • The first release will be a Decode only. Encode will fall in a subsequent release. This was need to fit the feature in to the release.
    • ACTION: Need to identify the MTUG person to work with to assure feature compliance to the request
    I am wondering if that was a typo and that they possibly meant 2Q 2013? R8.07.00 came out in Subscriber Release 7.12 in Oct 2012, so how frequently does that minor version number iterate for subscriber releases?

Edit: Looks like APX R9 came out in SR7.13 released Nov 2012... so if that release number is accurate I'd be much more inclined to think that QCII is coming this year. Finally. Maybe.
    Last edited by motoapx; Jan 29, 2013 at 08:13 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    Kind of leaves the customer with a bad impression of the company when the customer must pay to fix a VENDOR's problem.
    Kinda like a global anti-virus company telling me it will cost $10k to open a support ticket for integrating their product into Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Server? Hey, your product works with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Desktop with a gui, WTF does it not work via commandline ONLY?