Thread: Just bought a XTS1500 1.5....Something's not right!!!

biggs36748 No Longer Registered

Default Just bought a XTS1500 1.5....Something's not right!!!

Ok so I just bought this xts1500 at a good price. Through in a new battery and all I get is the power green light no display or anything just a study green light. So I catch a burnt smell and me being decided to open it up just to see. Well so much for a good deal. Can someone explain how the main ribbon cable is burnt? Is this normal? Can it be fixed? Now I have to call the seller and hope the rest are not like that. Sucks!!

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 2,047 Times in 654 Posts

It's possible to replace the parts, and I have spares, but without knowing why the short occurred you are probably wasting your money on a repair. Send it back to the seller and demand a replacement or a refund.

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 738 Posts

Wow, something shorted out inside the radio, the reason the flex melted was because either the B+ is traveling up and down it to and from the power on/off switch, or it sends B+ to the external accessory connector for powering adapters, etc. I absolutely would request a refund but get ready for "Well, it worked fine when it left here" and he may actually be telling the truth... Good luck with that one.

biggs36748 No Longer Registered

Well they have a 14 day return policy if the item is not as described so it should be no problems. I don't think they tested none of these radios. Plus they say they all have a hole under the bottom which I know for sure means someone has been in them for some reason or another and not using the proper housing tool. I think this one had water damage. I saw a little corrosion on the board.