Thread: XTS2500 stuck in bootstrap

Thanks

Default XTS2500 stuck in bootstrap

I have an XTS2500 that is stuck in bootstrap. The radio is a 4meg "AN" series. It seems that along the way, a "BN" series codeplug was put into the radio, but of course, the controller remained a 4 meg controller. The radio failed during a firmware update and now says invalid firmware. It's been to Mexi-rola , and surprisingly, they did not repair. Any known work arounds to get the appropriate firmware in it and back in service?

Thanks

Down grade the firmware to R09 and under and then see if you can shoot the old plug back in.

Thanks

Yes load a r9 cvn in, that will recover it. Then you need to put a proper "AN" codeplug in it. This is what happens when depot software is leaked to the masses and people don't know what they are doing.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,774 Times in 1,707 Posts

Moto knew someone messed with Depot, so they don't bother repairing it. There's no other way a 4MB XTS2500 would get a "BN" model number in the security partition, unless someone provisioned it that way in Depot and forced it in.

This is not meant as a personal attack or insult to you, Jay, or anyone else: People need to stop ****ing with Depot if they're too stupid to understand what it is they're doing, or the difference between AN and BN radios, features, limitations, etc.

I've also repaired bricked UCMs because retards thought they could use the "Upgrade UCM" option in Depot 7.

Nothing wrong with experimentation, so long as you're willing to live with the consequences. When you take chances, there are always risks.

All my huffing and puffing aside, the radio is totally repairable.

Thanks

No offense taken, guys...I'm trying to clean up someones mess anyway. This is good info on how to get it up and running. When the radio came to me I tried putting in relatively new firmware, since it read invalid firmware. After getting the saved codeplug and comparing notes with the radio, I realized what the deal likely was. I'm not a big fan of the 2500 series for battery reasons, so this is one more reason for me to pass on this radio once it is up and running! Now I just need to hunt down the CVN...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,774 Times in 1,707 Posts

Thanks

Reloading the 9.00 series .cvn will fix the issue. I have seen it before.

Another warning for those reading this thread. I have heard consistant rumors that some EBAY/Craigslist radios listed as BN are really AN radios with a forced BN codeplug. The end user is usually unaware of this as the CPS will read/write the unit fine UNTILL you do a firmware upgrade than you find aout as Jay has that you didnt have what you thought you had.

Thanks

Wirelessly posted

Yes, the true way to tell is to force bootstrap the radio and look at the bottom of the display, somewhere down there it will tell you if it has a 4megpsdt or 8meg ic in it.

Thanks

Glad to have a place where one can get real answers. Radio is up and running just fine!

Thanks

We are all glad to have been able to help.