Thread: XG-100P FPP?

Thanks

Default XG-100P FPP?

I believe this radio is FPP-capable, but does it need a flash option? If so, which one? Also, which settings can be edited from the front panel, other than freq/split/nac/tone?

Anyone have any experience with this fine radio?

WCHija No Longer Registered

I have a fleet of them. You need the correct "feature option". As for what you can edit. Eerything except for changing emission mode from analog to digital, or the reverse, conventional only.

Thanks

Let me guess, the feature code numbers are the same as the P7100 series?

Default FPP

Im not sure, the unity does not list individual feature options by number on the display.
    Quote Originally Posted by shag View Post
    Let me guess, the feature code numbers are the same as the P7100 series?

hamsexual No Longer Registered

Just a side note, the fpp is not like a Motorola. It does nto save to the mission plan.

So if you happen to get one, thinking you can just fpp it-WRONG! The moment you change mission plans, or read/write to it-your fpp work is toast.

But it does stay perssistent through a powercycle, so you can read the info off the screen and type it in to RPM. You ca also make a user defined zone, with some test channels in them to FPP edit.

hamsexual No Longer Registered

I do like that I can lend the radio to someone, and just return it how I had it....no new channel tags....

nonmotorola No Longer Registered

The trick is to remember to program some blank channels in an extra zone; labeled P25 1 -6, Mixed Mode (Analog TX) 7-10 and Analog 11-16.... This will let you have at your fingertips the ability to program any of those modes in the field.

BobHopi No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by WCHija View Post
    I have a fleet of them. You need the correct "feature option". As for what you can edit. Eerything except for changing emission mode from analog to digital, or the reverse, conventional only.
    I don't think this is correct...you don't need a feature but you do need the radio to be programmed with the "Full UI" option, including a password, to edit the channel and have the "EDIT CHANNEL" menu option available on the screen. At that point, FPP works (as I recall).