Thread: XTS2500 Channel Switch Not Working

Thanks

Default XTS2500 Channel Switch Not Working

Dear Experts,

I have problem with my Xts2500. The Channel Switch not working when i rotate it. The radio programmed with CPS R17.

I try to create new codeplug using Depot R07 & load it to the radio. The Channel Switch works well.

Any idea?

Thanks

Wirelessly posted

Is the channel switch programmed to change channels or zones?

Thanks

already program it for channel select.. but channel not change when i rotate it...

Thanks

check that under radio configuration/control/switches that the control is set for channel. Check that under radio configuration/display & menu /menu items that the channel is not set as the default setting (remove it from the list). Finally create a zone with multiple channels and confirm proper seleting.

The fact you "created" a codeplug that works correctly indicates that you have a setting wrong and that the unit is fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 579 Posts

The other thing that comes to mind is if you are using a switch for channel select it might be forcing the channel by being closed. Try selecting different positions for the ABC switch to see if that's it. If all else fails, maybe the switch blocks are buggered - this happens sometimes when a 5000 codeplug gets jammed into a 2500 radio to enable more "features". Create a new codeplug as you did, then drag-n-drop all your stuff from the old codeplug to "clone" it into a new, almost-identical codeplug, except with the problem fixed.