Thread: APX 7000 & 7500 features and options

SteveG2012 No Longer Registered

Cool APX 7000 & 7500 features and options

Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions about the APX 7000 & 7500 radios that I need some help with.The first thing I was curious about is what features, as well as what FLASHport options and upgrades (if any), come standard on these radios.The second thing I was wondering about is if anyone knows or has a list of the available FLASHport options and upgrades and the price of them for these radios.The last thing I was wondering about is what FLASHport options are required to operate these radios on conventional and trunked (analog, digital, and without data) systems as well.Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,488 Times in 2,343 Posts

I did have a list of options, however I'm reviewing it as there have been changes. Confirming the list is proving very time intensive.

In the meantime, you should give Motorola a call as they would know better than anyone else. 1-800-422-4210. I really hope they can help you. If not, well, I hope they have a good excuse as to why not

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    I did have a list of options, however I'm reviewing it as there have been changes. Confirming the list is proving very time intensive.

In the meantime, you should give Motorola a call as they would know better than anyone else. 1-800-422-4210. I really hope they can help you. If not, well, I hope they have a good excuse as to why not
    I'll wait a couple of days to see if anyone posts anything. I've had the unpleasant experience of chatting with a Motorola sales rep on their website and it could not have been a bigger waste of time. Thank you and anyone else willing to review and confirm the list, I definitely do not want to go through chatting with a Motorola sales rep again.

Thanks

The short answer is, nothing comes "standard". It's not like a car, where there's a base model and you can add options, it doesn't work that way.

MotoTRBO radios DO work that way, but not APX.

Every one of these radios is assembled and configured individually when ordered. Except for certain contracts and what not, there's no "base model" - you must specify what you want at the time of purchase.

If you are having trouble purchasing an APX radio and would like to deal with a sales rep who will take the time to work with you, please let me know and I'll put you in touch with the right person.

Quote Originally Posted by d119 View Post
    The short answer is, nothing comes "standard". It's not like a car, where there's a base model and you can add options, it doesn't work that way.

MotoTRBO radios DO work that way, but not APX.

Every one of these radios is assembled and configured individually when ordered. Except for certain contracts and what not, there's no "base model" - you must specify what you want at the time of purchase.

If you are having trouble purchasing an APX radio and would like to deal with a sales rep who will take the time to work with you, please let me know and I'll put you in touch with the right person.
    Are there options to enable analog and conventional operation on APX 7000 & 7500? If so, can the radios operate in digital AND analog modes or just digital OR analog?

Thanks

All APX's can do analog conventional. If they are flashed for digital they can do both.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    All APX's can do analog conventional. If they are flashed for digital they can do both.
    What are part numbers for analog and conventional operation for the APX 7000 & 7500? I read something somewhere on the internet about the APX 7000 & 7500 that said if you get the P25 9600 Baud Trunking (Q361) that you HAVE to get the ASTRO IMBE Digital (CAI) Operation (Q806) and SmartZone Systems Operation (H38) upgrades with it, I was just wondering if that was true or not. I was also wondering if the 9600 Baud Trunking Package (Q574) and 3600 Baud Trunking (Analog/Digital voice) Package (Q575) upgrades are available on the APX 7000 & 7500.

IL02 No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by SteveG2012 View Post
    What are part numbers for analog and conventional operation for the APX 7000 & 7500? I read something somewhere on the internet about the APX 7000 & 7500 that said if you get the P25 9600 Baud Trunking (Q361) that you HAVE to get the ASTRO IMBE Digital (CAI) Operation (Q806) and SmartZone Systems Operation (H38) upgrades with it, I was just wondering if that was true or not. I was also wondering if the 9600 Baud Trunking Package (Q574) and 3600 Baud Trunking (Analog/Digital voice) Package (Q575) upgrades are available on the APX 7000 & 7500.
    For the APX top tier (7k/7500), the order codes for analog (Q241/G241) and conventional (H35/G48) are pretty much the same as prior generations of radio.

Yes, Q361 requires Q806 and H38. Kind of hard to do multi-site, multi-zone digital trunking without them.

The APX top tier radios are much like the XTS top tier radios, in that they don't really have "packages". Sure, they have dependencies as mentioned above, but they're basically, for lack of a better term, a-la-carte.

If you're interested in getting specifics, contact your local sales rep, MR, or MSS. If you work for a department or agency associated with a system they should have a rep they can put you in touch with.

Quote Originally Posted by IL02 View Post
    For the APX top tier (7k/7500), the order codes for analog (Q241/G241) and conventional (H35/G48) are pretty much the same as prior generations of radio.

Yes, Q361 requires Q806 and H38. Kind of hard to do multi-site, multi-zone digital trunking without them.

The APX top tier radios are much like the XTS top tier radios, in that they don't really have "packages". Sure, they have dependencies as mentioned above, but they're basically, for lack of a better term, a-la-carte.

If you're interested in getting specifics, contact your local sales rep, MR, or MSS. If you work for a department or agency associated with a system they should have a rep they can put you in touch with.
    Thanks for the info. Is the SmartNet option required for SmartZone operation?

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Is the SmartNet option required for SmartZone operation?
    No. Smartzone includes smartnet functionality.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Is Conventional Systems Operation enabled if the SmartZone Systems Operation (H38) FLASHport upgrade is selected?

Thanks

"G48 / H35 - Conventional Systems Operation" denotes that the radio has no trunking options at all, it and any of the trunking options are mutually exclusive.
    Andrew

Thanks

Is Conventional Systems Operation enabled if the SmartZone Systems Operation (H38) FLASHport upgrade is selected?
    Yes. With an H38 system package, the radio will also do H35 conventional.

Thanks

Ah thanks mfire, I obviously interpreted the question incorrectly? Many apologies!

I took it for granted that everyone knew all radios can do conventional operation by default, it's not possible to 'turn it off'.
    Andrew