Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing region code on trbo radios

Thanks

Default Changing region code on trbo radios

Is there a way to change the region code on a radio to allow a US software to read a DGP Series radio or hack to modify the cps.

Thanks

I have seen no modification to allow you to change the region code or allow the CPS to support multiregions. I do know the CPS seems to support all the regional models with the CPS region selecting the moddels supported by that version.

There is software out there that allows you to load in a default codeplug for the radio/model regionf your choice.

Thanks

Maybe you need refresh the radio.

Thanks

No the only way to change the region is to load a codeplug for that region. But as mentioned the CPS can be modded to support all regions so that you dont need to locate the CPS for the region of radio you have.

local4249 No Longer Registered

Default Help with Modding

Quote Originally Posted by Notarola View Post
    No the only way to change the region is to load a codeplug for that region. But as mentioned the CPS can be modded to support all regions so that you dont need to locate the CPS for the region of radio you have.
    Can anyone please tell me how to do this?? I have the 6.5 CPS and cable but the wrong region radio to use it on. any help wpld be very much appreciated!

Thanks

There is software in the wild that will allow you to change the region code to the radio so it can be read by the US version of the CPS software.

Thanks

the only thing I can get it to do is to change serial. If i try to hit the button to update packages it says no compatible packages found and i have US version firmware installed.

toshix No Longer Registered

The region code resides in Firmware

Flash it with Depot tool
    Depotool 3 uses firmware 1.05.xx to 1.06.10
    older depot use older firmware

Thanks

thats what the problem was.. too new firmware.

thanks

Thanks

Not sure if this would be allowed, but is Firmware for Mototrbo allowed to be uploaded?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trbo90 View Post
    Not sure if this would be allowed, but is Firmware for Mototrbo allowed to be uploaded?
    I would see why not. There is a folder on here to upload firmware files.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trbo90 View Post
    Yes that would be fine

Thanks

Any chance some one can upload Mototrbo Mobile Firmware between 1.05.xx to 1.06.10 for uses?

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

I think I tried earlier but it's just too large.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Thanks

Hi folks,

I just picked up a DGM-6100 that I would love to somehow convert to a North American radio (XPR-4500). I've seen various discussion on using Depot V3 to do this (which I have) but cannot seem to locate any compatable firmware revs that it will see. Before I start digging any deeper, can anyone confirm that this is indeed possible and actually works?

Thanks

F/w Ver 1.6 Or Earlier

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by medic550 View Post
    F/w Ver 1.6 Or Earlier
    Ok, thanks. I have FW 1.05 so I'll give that a try. The help file that comes with Depot also says the corresponding CPS needs to be installed. Does anyone recall which version of CPS was used with v5 firmware?

Thanks

I have not done this myself but I have looked into the region issue. The software in question uses a couple of files installed by the cps to open and format the firmware. Once opened the software bypasses the region check code and writes the firmware to the radio. I think you will need arrouind v6.0 to 5.1 for that firmware. The codeplug version is a good reference to use. I think you need CPS with v6.00.xx codeplug support.

Thanks

Thanks... I'll keep that in mind. I think I should start keeping a cross reference of which firmware/codeplug version/CPS runs with which...

Thanks

I believe that someone already has such a list started. I havent seen it maybe the person can post it here (ill ask her hint hint) .

Thanks

So I got the radio that I'm hoping to change region codes on today and no dice so far. On a clean pc I've installed CPS 4.6 (AA Region) and FW 1.05.00 & 1.06.20 (both AA Region). The radio itself is LA region and when I launch Depot 3 I still receive the 'no matching update packages found' error. Depot reads the radio just fine, but refuses to see my AA firmware. Any suggestions??

Thanks

How does the cps recognise the .lmx file?

Thanks

Well... see, that's a problem too. According to the info I've gathered, in addition to Depot 3.0 you need the CPS and firmware *for the ragion you want to flash TO* installed. So if I have AA CPS and FW installed and try to go to device update, it doesn't like it because the radio is LA. The help file for Depot just says you need the proper CPS and matching FW installed, but doesn't mention anything about regions (naturally). So I'm not sure where the missing link is here.

astrotrunker No Longer Registered

We have a canada region radio. Using CPS 6.7 and Depot 3.0. Not having any luck changing the region. Do I need an earlier version of CPS? Or one for canadian and one for US regions? I'm a little lost here.

Thanks

Forts if what I have seen is correct the CPS will ignore the file if its "too new" for the cps. If the file is compatable it will give an region error.

Once you get to that stage you should be able to place the firmware in the updates folder for the CPS, run depot and open the firmware file. then the rest is change the region and update the radio.

astrotrunker: Canadian and usa radios use the same AA region CPS and firmware. if you read forts last post it will give you the basic parameters and issues concerning the depot.