Thread: EDACS System bleeding over

Thanks

Default EDACS System bleeding over

Hello all I have an MCS2000 that on 2 sites I am getting bleed over from an EDACS system. I am monitoring an Motorola 800mhz system. On both of the sites there are a couple of channels that are 12.5khz apart. Unfortunately the EDACS tower is closer than the two towers that I am trying to monitor so it is bleeding over. Is there any way thru programming to remedy this situation?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 8,796 Times in 2,413 Posts

I don't have a MCS codeplug to play with on this computer, but there should be an option under Advanced, for RF AGC. (Not microphone AGC)

Have a looksie.

Thanks

There doesn't seem to be an option on my UHF or 800MHz MCS for AGC RF, just FYI.

Thanks

This can be reduced by getting HISD to correct their over-modulation issue. Some of their channels are waaay over 4KHz deviation.

Thanks

Its been really nice this past week, spring break, without all the bus drivers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 489 Posts

About the only option is to reduce the amount of input signal. try a smaller antenna hopefuly this will reduce the edacs signal enough that the IF filtering will drop the bleedover enough that the Moto signals will be easier for the radio to seperate out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    This can be reduced by getting HISD to correct their over-modulation issue. Some of their channels are waaay over 4KHz deviation.
    Boy they'll let anyone in here...

The MCS is a great radio, but the adjacent channel selectivity is a little too close to the Maxtrac for my liking. Since the OP upgraded to Astro Spectras he probably doesn't have this problem anymore.

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,534 Times in 739 Posts

Do they have the global IF selection 6.7 or 7.8 kHz in the radio-wide parameters like the Astro series? That may help if it's implemented in the MCS series...