Thread: APX and VRS 750

WCHija No Longer Registered

Default APX and VRS 750

Will the APX accept a VRS 750?

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Don't see why it wouldn't.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Do you have current APX software? If so would you look. My employer went away from Motorola, so I have been divestning myself of all batwing stuff, and I no longer have a way to check.

Thanks

I've looked in the current APX software, and can't find anything to enable a VRS-750, only reference is in the help file, which says

The VRS-EP is a self-contained transceiver unit that is attached by cable to a mobile radio unit. This VRS-EP unit then allows mobile radio traffic to be repeated (from within the Vehicle) to portable radio units / users that are operating within close proximity to the vehicle. This is needed when portable radios are being used in a region outside the signal range of the base station / dispatcher unit, or the system's normal repeater.
    The VRS-EP must be set-up in a remote radio configuration.
    The 03 Control Head is not capable of VRS operation.
    See Also: The related CPS - VRS-EP pages & fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Creoden View Post
    I've looked in the current APX software, and can't find anything to enable a VRS-750, only reference is in the help file, which says
    Wow, the VRS-EP is even older than the VRS-750. Thank you for looking that up for me.