Thread: RDAC issues

Thanks

Default RDAC issues

I am having some issues getting Trbonet Watch to work correctly. I have two XPR8400s connected to each other over IPSC over the internet. The ports are forwarded correctly on both routers.

When I log in to the master site, I can see all applicable information for the master (time slots, radio ids, talkgroup ids) but nothing is showing up for the peers. When I receive traffic from a peer, nothing shows up. The system map shows the peer, but it says it is disconnected.

Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

brizey No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Pezking View Post
    I am having some issues getting Trbonet Watch to work correctly. I have two XPR8400s connected to each other over IPSC over the internet. The ports are forwarded correctly on both routers.

When I log in to the master site, I can see all applicable information for the master (time slots, radio ids, talkgroup ids) but nothing is showing up for the peers. When I receive traffic from a peer, nothing shows up. The system map shows the peer, but it says it is disconnected.

Shoot Ivan or Sergey a email! Im sure they can work through it quickly. @trbonet

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brizey View Post
    Shoot Ivan or Sergey a email! Im sure they can work through it quickly. @trbonet
    Thanks,

I sent them a support ticket. I am demoing it, but I don't see that being a limitation of the demo.

Thanks

Support hasn't emailed me yet. This problem remains unresolved. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

Sounds like a firewall or nat issue. Try putting your pc in dmz or wan IP see if it works.
    specializing in AES1056 encryption

Thanks

I will do some more digging, but I had already placed the master repeater in a DMZ. It made no difference.

Thanks

I will do some more digging, but I had already placed the master repeater in a DMZ. It made no difference.
    I ment the rdac pc. I had similar issues. Putting the rdac vm in a dmz worked perfectly

Thanks

I connected to RDAC though a VPN and it works perfectly. Apparently RDAC needs the UDP port forwarded to it as well, which is impossible without two IP addresses.

Astro Spectra is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

Does your router not allow you to select the protocol to forward? I use SOHO Cisco-Linksys boxes and they allow TCP, UDP, or both.
    It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right

Thanks

Randomly shoving your PC into a DMZ is not the solution to this problem. First, stop using crap Linksys routers... go invest in a Cisco ASA5505 that gives you real controls. Then, there should be documentation that shows the necessary traffic flows inbound and outbound... find it. Use that doc to determine what you need to punch through the firewall.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tvsjr View Post
    Randomly shoving your PC into a DMZ is not the solution to this problem. First, stop using crap Linksys routers... go invest in a Cisco ASA5505 that gives you real controls. Then, there should be documentation that shows the necessary traffic flows inbound and outbound... find it. Use that doc to determine what you need to punch through the firewall.
    Its not random. Putting the PC on a WAN/DMZ IP will confirm if the issue is related to the local networking / NAT / port fowarding configuration. I did not mean for it to be a long term solution. I would try that before buying a 500$ router. IPSC can be problematic with NAT. Though the OP mentions VPN so there is more to the story.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tvsjr View Post
    The problem is, there is no documentation. The only thing the documentation says is it uses UDP port 50000 by default. Unfortunately, the port needs to be forwarded to the computer running RDAC as well. You can't forward the same port to both the repeater and the RDAC computer using the same external IP. The RDAC must be on a different external IP address then the repeater.

Motorola does not document this.

This is why I am using VPN. I have a different external IP address then.

Thanks

The problem is, there is no documentation. The only thing the documentation says is it uses UDP port 50000 by default. Unfortunately, the port needs to be forwarded to the computer running RDAC as well. You can't forward the same port to both the repeater and the RDAC computer using the same external IP. The RDAC must be on a different external IP address then the repeater.

Motorola does not document this.

This is why I am using VPN. I have a different external IP address then.
    from the moto docs

"Even though the Peer repeaters and RDAC applications on the Master repeater’s LAN are
    theoretically able to address the Master Repeater using the Master repeater’s static IP
    address (because they are all on the same LAN), they must still use the WAN address of
    the LAN 1 router. If they do not do this, then they themselves will not be addressable by IP
    Site Connect devices on other LANs and as such will be cut off from the rest of the IP Site
    Connect system. "

I assume your app is connecting to the master locally via its LAN ip ? ? if so try connecting to the local WAN ip address.. Your router will have to support "nat reflection / hairpinning " this is where router MAY be an issue.

Thanks

No it is not connecting to the master through the LAN ip. It is connecting through the wan. That is the problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2