Thread: Option Boards

Thanks

Default Option Boards

Hey All,

I've looked through here and a couple other forums, and can't find any good document or list of available option boards for the TRBO line of radios, I thought maybe we should compile a good list of Option boards, GOB software, known working radios, availability and price, if I'm just blind and this list does exist, please delete.

I know of the following
    LTR / Passport Trunking Option Board by Scholer-Johnson, Inc, Portable Option board is $79, Software to program it is $99
    Front Panel Programming by iTRBO, $250 for the software, plus the cost of a GOB

Astro Spectra is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

Here's a start: http://www.mototrboapps.com and http://www.bpg.it (click on the Union Jack top right for English).

The Italian guys have FPP and a neat system debug tool, TrboPlus lab option, that displays over-the-air color codes, etc.
    Last edited by Astro Spectra; Feb 20, 2013 at 09:51 PM.
    It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astro Spectra View Post
    Here's a start: http://www.mototrboapps.com and http://www.bpg.it (click on the Union Jack top right for English).

The Italian guys have FPP and a neat system debug tool, TrboPlus lab option, that displays over-the-air color codes, etc.
    Has anybody bought one of the lab boards? Looks pretty interesting.

Thanks

Is itrbo.com still in business? I heard rumors that some people did pay money for the FPP upgrade but received neither the software nor a refund for it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhamilton View Post
    Has anybody bought one of the lab boards? Looks pretty interesting.
    The trbolabs boards are pretty cool. It will not display the color code, but it will display and decode the audio from a talkgroup.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,774 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rayray View Post
    The trbolabs boards are pretty cool. It will not display the color code, but it will display and decode the audio from a talkgroup.
    I have to disagree with the TRBOLABS board being cool, but my experience is only limited to the 7550.

I received the board and installed it to my XPR7550, UHF. My 7550 firmware is R02.06.11 and the LABS board was 2U_01 firmware. I followed all instructions exactly as outlined. The board, simply, is an absolute piece of ****. I wouldn't recommend anyone buying it for the 7550. Here's why:

- FPP "VFO" does not work on UHF. You enter a frequency in Hz, followed by "OK", and it bonks. I did not make a mistake in the way I was entering the frequency. I entered "444937500". It will not accept it, nor any other UHF frequency.

- The data display/debug (supposed to show RID/Group info, etc.) DOES NOT WORK AT ALL. NOTHING DISPLAYS. NO DOCUMENTATION FOR IT EITHER. Yes, I enabled all options with the TRBOPLUS CPS utility.

- The GPS feature is stupid and useless. Didn't get it working, nor did I spend much time on it.

- They include a program called "GPS_Logger_2.0". It's supposedly used for plotting coverage. ABSOLUTE RIPOFF OF MOTOROLA'S SITE SURVEY TOOL, AVAILABLE ON MOL FOR FREE. Does the exact same thing. Motorola's is better, because it's not a Italian--> English language conversion hackjob.

- TRBOLABS makes like their stupid board is some kind of miracle, because you can get -dBm signal strength at the push of a button. THIS IS BUILT IN TO MOTOROLA'S FIRMWARE! Simply press LEFT LEFT LEFT, RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT. -dBm debugging comes up on the screen. Thank you Motorola!

- The "VFO" is stored in volatile memory. As soon as your turn the power off, it deletes any value which was stored in there. (I couldn't even get mine working, but was told this by someone who claims it kind of worked for them on VHF)

- No "FPP" functionality. There's just a VFO. You can't make a zone of FPP channels to use.

- Can't program color code or timeslot from VFO. At least I couldn't access those menus. But what's the point? Motorola has this BUILT IN to their firmware. Simply enable the dealer programming menu/password, and you can do this yourself without wasting money.

In short, bpg.it makes a PIECE OF CRAP product. Those scammers sell garbage. They speak/write TERRIBLE ENGLISH and it's nearly impossible to have dialogue/communication with them. It was a huge mistake, and I definitely "took one for the team", to learn these boards are ****ing junk.

Stay far away from this loser company who rips Motorola software and sells a board which does nothing. Perhaps it's different for the 6550, but the 7550 (aka DP4801) is beyond garbage. Did I say that enough in this post?

I don't believe bpg.it has done ANY testing with the North American XPR7550 firmware whatsoever. Perhaps they've messed with the DP4801, and based their board on it. They should immediately pull the product from their website until they can sell something which functions correctly.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mars For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,027 Posts

I've had my 6550 FPP board in service for almost two years with no problems, but I think I'll wait on the 7550 based on your eval until things stabilize, if they do.
    "God as my witness" - Jeremy Dewitte - Felon