Thread: RLN5671A Impres Firmware Programmer

n1oty No Longer Registered

Default RLN5671A Impres Firmware Programmer

I've had one of these programmer's on order via MOL for nearly a month now and the shipping date keeps getting pushed off. I got an email this morning that the revised expected ship date is now April 5th. I called Moto and confirmed the extended wait. I am wondering if anyone in the eastern Mass or RI area has one of these programmer's and is willing to let me stop by and use their programmer to bump one 6-gang charger with displays. I can hold off on my others for now, but this particular 6-gang charger has really old firmware (3.3) and needs the bump for the newer LIon impres batteries.

Thanks,
    John

Spencer4Hire No Longer Registered

Can you provide website where you purchased RLN5671A ?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,682 Times in 2,388 Posts

Motorola Online sells it:

RLN5671A: IMPRES FLD PROGMR W/NA/LA PLUG

Price: $183.75CAD (Canadian Dollars)

Can you email me a picture of stock item?

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

You want a picture of a black box with a push button, a couple of led's and a USB port?
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Though it may indeed be black it has been described by others as performing things that were beyond my knowledge of it's capability.

Thanks

Hi,

I too waited for months to purchase an Impres Programmer. Have you checked with Jeff at Sandy's, he was flushed with them a while back. That's when I picked one up.

Thank you, I watched Snarlingdogs video on YouTube where he upgraded firmware on a MOTOROLA IMPRES GANG CHARGER using a RLN5670A IMPRES FIELD PROGRAMMER, I asked how to purchase a IMPRES FLD PROGMR W/NA/LA PLUG RLN5671A. I wanted a picture and description or manual, so I could review my options prior to purchasing on MOL. Some of the comments or replies were childish and inappropriate. I do not take it in offense as my children when they were about age 5 were more intelligent.

My children when they were age 5 had more intellect and communication skills than you've demonstrated here. Next time you want to view something, I hope the same respect is demonstrated toward you. That said, I would never have disrespected you.

This is the respect that you posted toward me (I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.)

Thanks

Oh waaaaa.

I merely asked what the purpose was in seeing a picture of it since there's so little to the programmer.

If you had asked how to use it than I could have easily described the process. It's quite simple and I'm sure even your 5 year old kids could do it.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

I asked because I wanted to know if there was a difference between RLN5670A and RLN5671A ?

Thanks

RLN5670A doesn't show up as a valid part anymore. Looks like it must have been superseded by RLN5671A.
    Cyrus

THANK YOU, I had seen it used in Snarling dogs video on upgrading a gang charger.

Thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364563206.125134.jpg

Here's a picture of my RLN5670A box.

Left to right:
    Power Jack
    USB port for loading firmware from computer
    DB15 port for loading firmware to charger
    Status LED
    Program initiate button
    Cyrus

Thank You Sir!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,008 Posts

Gee, it looks just like mine except for that funny moonbase IP address on the bottom.....

Thanks

Current versions of firmware in the unit.
    Cyrus

Thanks
    Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,008 Posts

Ah. That makes sense.

Thanks

Hi Group; I recently acquired a Impres Feild Programmer RLN5670A but it did not come with the programmer to charger cable (3089765G02) I have searched MOL and the internet and can't locate one. Does anyone know where I can purchase one at? or know the pin out? Does anyone know if the RLN5671A takes the same cable? Thanks, Bill

Thanks

Hi Group; Well after a long hour long talk with MOL and the parts dept. I found out you have to purchase the whole unit to get the cable. Does anyone have a spare or the pin out of the cable? Thanks for your time. Bill