Thread: Channel Select Screwed

brizey No Longer Registered

Angry Channel Select Screwed

On the 4550 the channel select 3 goes to 4 for some reason when programed with CPS v8.5.429 everything else works fine.
    5 Goes to 5, 2 goes to 2 but 3 don't equal 3 can we say buggy! Firmware 1.8.20. Upgrading to the latest firmware didn't help.

Hytera is looking more and more attractive now, especially with true FPP not some button programing scheme.
    Last edited by brizey; Feb 27, 2013 at 10:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 992 Posts

Well, 1.8.20 isn't the newest firmware, 1.11.02 is.

Can you post your codeplug? The channel select on the 4550 mobile isn't a rotary switch its a toggle, so if the channels are correctly programmed it should just step through them.

Upgraded to 1.11.02, Think the bug is in the cps all other channels are able to be steered to that don't rely on pin 3.

Quote Originally Posted by com501 View Post
    Well, 1.8.20 isn't the newest firmware, 1.11.02 is.

Can you post your codeplug? The channel select on the 4550 mobile isn't a rotary switch its a toggle, so if the channels are correctly programmed it should just step through them.

Thanks

Do a recover and start from scratch with a blank radio codeplug. I do hundreds of these a week and have never had an issue. If that doesn't do it, than the radio itself has a bug. Confirm that this is a 4550 mobile, correct? Because there IS an issue with the rotary channel select on handhelds.

Guess I should of posted I have done tried to do the recovery and still yielded the same results. Yes its a 4550 mobile. You do realize I'm talking about a channel select via pins not the toggle right?

Thanks

No, you didn't state that. In that case, you have an issue with the main board or the IC responsible for the binary select. Have you tried to program another function to that pin to see if it toggles between high and low outputs? Very likely the IO is farted. No matter what, its going to have to go to the factory. Check your external connector to make sure its not damaged, if you have another mobile handy you might want to do a quick continuity check.

Other than that, it gets to go to Mexirola.

Thanks

I did four of these to a Vega IP remote the other day and they worked fine.

Well you might need to check your radios, are you doing it over the XCMP / XNL interface or the Pins. Might check to verify its going to the third channel not the 4th. Two Radio's one VHF one UHF its got to be the CPS.

Thanks

I'll double check them, we are using them in a 16 channel remote configuration. Hasn't been deployed yet, but the last ones we did like this last year worked just fine. I have a rock if we need to fix them....