Thread: XTS5000 FPP and Trunking

newtomotorola No Longer Registered

Default XTS5000 FPP and Trunking

Im sure i read this somewhere before but is it true that trunking and FPP dont work together

Edit, title should be XTS5000
    Last edited by Bigfella237; Feb 28, 2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: title fixed

Thanks

With any firmware greater than 9, also using any CPS above 9, correct. If you have Q52 and Q53, you lose trunking. If you only have Q52, you lose FPP.

Thanks

You are also limited to the first 240 channels as they must ALL be FPP. There are also several other anomalies as well. It you want true FPP, remain at version R09.00.00 if you want trunking and FPP together.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,075 Times in 664 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by W2GLD View Post
    You are also limited to the first 240 channels as they must ALL be FPP. There are also several other anomalies as well. It you want true FPP, remain at version R09.00.00 if you want trunking and FPP together.
    I wouldn't necessarily agree with that statement. If you want FPP and trunking, you should stay at the earlier firmware version - that's correct. If you want FPP and do not care about trunking, then you should bring your firmware up to date. FPP on later firmware is not / will not require you to have the first 240 channels set for FPP. You can have that configuration if you want, or delete all of the FPP zones and personalities except for the first zone and first 16 conventional personalities, and program the other zones and personalities any way that you want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily agree with that statement. If you want FPP and trunking, you should stay at the eariier firmware version - that's correct. If you want FPP and do not care about trunking, then you should bring your firmware up to date. FPP on later firmware is not / will not require you to have the first 240 channels set for FPP. You can have that configuration if you want, or delete all of the FPP zones and personalities except for the first zone and first 16 conventional personalities, and program the other zones and personalities any way that you want.

Yes, that is true that you can delete those first set of channels and limit FPP to the first zone, but that's one of the anomalies; you can't add those channels back as FPP once you've deleted them. At least this was the case from firmware version R15.00.00 through R17.00.00. I don't know what happens in later firmware as I've abandoned P25 for the Mototrbo platform.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,075 Times in 664 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by W2GLD View Post
    Yes, that is true that you can delete those first set of channels and limit FPP to the first zone, but that's one of the anomalies; you can't add those channels back as FPP once you've deleted them. At least this was the case from firmware version R15.00.00 through R17.00.00.
    To add back the FPP zones, you first delete all zones after zone 1 and then add back your FPP zones. The FPP zones have to be in consecutive order starting after zone 1.

newtomotorola No Longer Registered

Any reason why it changed after firmware ver 9 ?

I was able to program all the trunking system/personality information into a radio that had Q52/Q53 FW:19 however when it came time to add a talk group to any zone regardless if it was a FPP zone or not the little glasses came up and i couldn't pick a trunking personality. strange.

Would be nice to have 1 zone FPP and still have trunking available and not be limited to FW 9

Ahh well