Thread: APX6000 "blue dot"

so brite lighting No Longer Registered

Default APX6000 "blue dot"

I did a search for this but cant find anything...

We are starting to use APX6000 Mod1 radios at my work.
    There is a blue dot on the front of the radio. Does this indicate it is set up for bluetooth?
    My understanding is that a green dot on a radio and a green dot on the battery indicates an intrinsically safe "marriage" of the two.

Thanks

Yes, blue dot = bluetooth.

Thanks

It means it has the Bluetooth hardware. A software flash option is also required and it has to be enabled through CPS.

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Keep on mind that you can order the blue dot sticker separately. The presence of Bluetooth hardware should really be confirmed by reading the radio with CPS. This will prove it has the option board but doesn't necessarily prove the radio has the special bluetooth front housing.

Lots of unscrupulous sellers out there.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Thanks

And just FYI, the APX7000 XE & 6000 XE front speaker grills come from Motorola with the blue dot already installed. So as Cyrus said, either read the radio, or open it up to confirm the presence of the board. Just because the blue dot is on the front, doesn't mean it matches what's under the hood..

-Marc

Thanks

I s'pose I'm spoiled, only seeing new equipment at work (well, new APXs anyway) and not questionable aftermarket items of unknown heritage. But you both have very valid points worth remembering.

so brite lighting No Longer Registered

All the radios are new from a vendor so not worried about fake or modified equipment.

thanks for the responses