Thread: APX7000 Convertacom

Thanks

Default APX7000 Convertacom

Anyone know if M has developed a convertacom or xtva type device to work with the APX7000 series? My rep had told me in the past that M was waiting for a government customer who would commit to buying a large number before they would design it. Just wondered if anyone had heard anything lately, cause I heard the rumor again.

Thanks,

Kevin

Thanks

G'day Kevin,

I haven't heard the rumor but the scenario you describe sounds like something Motorola would do... wait till there's a customer in need then rush something into production and release it virtually untested, then charge the customer for patches and upgrades to make it work properly!

But seriously, I'd love to see a vehicle adapter for APX portables, I guess it would be called an "APVA" following the convention of past models?

I figure it would have to use an Odyssey control head, but I hope there is an option for more than just a HHCH, if they have the necessary firmware to run an O3 I don't see why we couldn't attach a remote mount O5 or even an O9?
    Andrew

Thanks

This is all contrary to what I've heard. Last I heard is that the XTVA was it - Motorola is done with convertacoms and isn't going to go that route anymore. The customer can buy a mobile radio if they need a convertacom.

I seriously doubt we'll ever see an APX convertacom, or any other convertacom for that matter.

Thanks

You would think there would be a demand for, what with trunking systems charging users per radio on the system...
    I'm the guy standing in background shaking his head when people show a complete lack of common sense....

"The very nature of public safety work causes Charles Darwin to spin in his grave."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dustymedic For This Useful Post: