Thread: apx 7000 mic problem

micksl No Longer Registered

Default apx 7000 mic problem

Hi u all,,

First i have apx7000 with firmware R09.00.01 VHF/UHF1 version using it for ham bands together with the mic PMMN4061B (with a dualband antenna from a baofeng portable) The original moto antenna is detached
    Now the problem is that the UHF1 band works OK ! TX as well RX .But the VHF band not . . there is no TX yehh when i sit next to a receiver on the same frequency and the same as for RX.
    So simply said that the VHF band doesn't work with the program slot of the apx body or the PMMN4061B mic.

Can someone tell me what the problem is? is this normal? or is it a setting in the CPS?
    Last edited by micksl; Mar 04, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks

APX will not route both bands to the PSM, only one. Since you are hearing UHF ok but not VHF, put a VHF antenna back on the deck. The selection of which band to route to the PSM **might** be tied to which band is designated as the primary when it was ordered. I only have experience with UHF1 / 7-800 radio. As mine is 7-800 as primary, it will NOT route UHF to the PSM at all.

Thanks

Motorola has always stated that the PSMs (with antenna on top) are not designed for VHF so maybe that's what you're experiencing? In fact, the spec sheet says that particular mic is for 700/800 only. Obviously you've got it working on UHF and I'm not sure why they'd exclude UHF when they didn't in the past http://www.motorola.com/web/Business...ison_FINAL.pdf