Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorola SP Radios

Thanks

Default Motorola SP Radios

Trying to see what kind of SP radios people have seen (1990's and up). I saw a radio marked Astro-X used by the Secret Service around 2003 it was a tall lunchbox type setup that I think was built around an Astro Spectra. Please no fpp Spectra sightings !

syntrx No Longer Registered

Not quite 1990's, but close: 1989.

SP303 secure Saber, sold mainly to the Australian police market but the Royal Australian Navy had quite a few of them as well.

99 channels, with channel selection via the keypad. Instead of a 12-position channel selector on top it had a 2-position talkaround switch marked "LOCAL". Hardware wise, it was an otherwise standard 6D (I think) Saber III.

No MDC1200 or any other fancy features, and it required special "AUSSP Saber" RSS to program but if so desired you could slam a US Saber codeplug into it, break the mechanical stop on the channel selector and turn it back into a normal Saber.

I'll try and get some pics up here if I can dig one out over the weekend.

Thanks

WA State Patrol had a doozy: Syntor X9000 SP06. The X9000 radio drawer had a mini-UHF connector poking out the front, just below the handle, which was tied to a receive-side passive antenna splitter mounted near the audio output transformer. Add to this a Spectra receive-only chassis (no two-pin power plug or power amp) dedicated to the 'area' frequency and running off this extra antenna connector, all of which was operated by a single X9000 control head (A9, of course), and it meant special firmware and RSS.

We're on APX's now. Much easier to work with.

Keep the peace(es).

Thanks

I've got a CHP MICOR control head, cable & mic. Microphone has a dual PTT in it - one side for STATION, one side for CAR. Control head has special labels on the front of it as well as a singletone card in it, and it was also modified by GE with controls for the "extender" (GE VRS).

I also have an SP MX350 that has two banks of 12 channels in it, with an "A/B" switch to switch between banks. Has a dual purpose switch on top, one side is MONITOR, the other side is EMERGENCY. It has MODAT signaling in it. Came out of New Jersey if I remember correctly. UHF 440-470MHz. Still use it on the amateur band from time to time.

I have a JEDI PSM with 3 side buttons on it (one orange, two black), out of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by d119 View Post
    I have a JEDI PSM with 3 side buttons on it (one orange, two black), out of Europe.
    NMN6242?

These were very popular in the UK, they were used by pretty much every police force over there. It works pretty well on VHF with the Visar stubby.

Speaking of Jedi PSMs, I have an NMN6193BSP01. Only difference between this and the standard model was factory cut black vinyl decals over the Motorola logos on the mic. It was from the 2000 Sydney Olympics, where for sponsorship reasons the Olympic XTS3000s all had Samsung logos and the batwing was not meant to be seen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syntrx View Post
    NMN6242?

Speaking of Jedi PSMs, I have an NMN6193BSP01. Only difference between this and the standard model was factory cut black vinyl decals over the Motorola logos on the mic.
    I wonder if these are the mikes seen on "Blue Bloods", as they are Motorola mikes w/o the name? GARY

Thanks

It was from the 2000 Sydney Olympics, where for sponsorship reasons the Olympic XTS3000s all had Samsung logos and the batwing was not meant to be seen.
    I still want to see one of those Sydney XTS3000s

Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,001 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by d119 View Post
    I've got a CHP MICOR control head, cable & mic. Microphone has a dual PTT in it - one side for STATION, one side for CAR. Control head has special labels on the front of it as well as a singletone card in it, and it was also modified by GE with controls for the "extender" (GE VRS).

I also have an SP MX350 that has two banks of 12 channels in it, with an "A/B" switch to switch between banks. Has a dual purpose switch on top, one side is MONITOR, the other side is EMERGENCY. It has MODAT signaling in it. Came out of New Jersey if I remember correctly. UHF 440-470MHz. Still use it on the amateur band from time to time.

That CHP Micor was a pain in the butt, HUGE. I still have mine with the GE Master Exec out in the garage somewhere. You could go broke feeding it channel elements.

mtp850 No Longer Registered

image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Avery Johannssenn View Post
    I still want to see one of those Sydney XTS3000s
    No problem, I'm back home on Friday and will post a pic of one next to my monitor showing p25.ca on it I have one packed away.

KC7GR, sounds like your over in WA ? I'm over here at the moment and its bloddy HOT.

anyone for 42degrees in the air on the coast of WA ?

Last edited by mtp850; Mar 11, 2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: on ipad, pain to upload pics

Thanks

Speaking of Jedi PSMs, I have an NMN6193BSP01. Only difference between this and the standard model was factory cut black vinyl decals over the Motorola logos on the mic. It was from the 2000 Sydney Olympics, where for sponsorship reasons the Olympic XTS3000s all had Samsung logos and the batwing was not meant to be seen.
    Ah yes, the Olympics, where ****tons of logos get to meet gaff, electrical and masking tape.

Astro Spectra is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

@Avery, here ya go from Batboard user cbus:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99108

You might need to be a member and log in to see this.
    It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right

Thanks

Sweet! Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by mtp850 View Post
    No problem, I'm back home on Friday and will post a pic of one next to my monitor showing p25.ca on it I have one packed away.

KC7GR, sounds like your over in WA ? I'm over here at the moment and its bloddy HOT.

anyone for 42degrees in the air on the coast of WA ?
    Umm.

You're in this WA:
    wa.gif

He's in this WA:
    wash.gif
    wash2.png

Quote Originally Posted by Astro Spectra View Post
    @Avery, here ya go from Batboard user cbus:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99108

You might need to be a member and log in to see this.
    well there you go, thanks Astro Spectra. FYI: CBUS is my batlabs username

Umm.

You're in this WA:
    wa.gif

He's in this WA:
    wash.gif
    wash2.png
    oh, does it count that both locations are on the same side of their countries haha

CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

@mtp850/CBUS, it would be great if you would post those pictures here please as not everyone is a Batboard member ....
    Last edited by Astro Spectra; Mar 12, 2013 at 07:12 AM.

@mtp850/CBUS, it would be great if you would post those pictures here please as not everyone is a Batlabs member ....
    I will do next friday as I only have access to an IPAD for internet unless someone else can do it for me?

Consider it done

o7jeb5.jpgev6wyx.jpg

CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

Thanks syntrx and thanks mpt850 ... will take that as a formal copyright release ... that is a real keeper!
    Last edited by Astro Spectra; Mar 12, 2013 at 07:21 AM.

Thanks

I heard after the whole Samsung deal for the Sydney Olympics, Motorola went to the IOC and they made them an official "radio communcations partner" for the Olympics...

They probably did for future events, though Samsung was the "communications partner" for Sydney hence the branding.

A lot of money would have changed hands to make it happen...

Thanks syntrx and thanks mpt850 ... will take that as a formal copyright release ... that is a real keeper!
    I'll post up some better pics. If there is an interest in it, I can list it in the For Sale Section. it's a UHF lo split, can't remember the flash? I purchased it as they were rare as hens teeth and a sure collectors item however these days It gets little use and i'm about to ditch P25 move to DMR

Thanks

I'm keen to see the flashcode thats in it

Quote Originally Posted by MattSR View Post
    I'm keen to see the flashcode thats in it
    Matt, Can you help with the Haxor Watchbudey tool to assist wuth whor3ing the d3vic3 to update to starg3te lev3l 3 ?

The Radiowreference people sent me to Auztec forumz said I would g3t 9600 baud tanking to list3n "out of bandz" to UHZ cb radio at full powers 110w.

Thanks

Uh huh.....