Thread: Rebanded Mts2000 programmed with ASK solution

Thanks

Default Rebanded Mts2000 programmed with ASK solution

I thought I would share this with you guys. I bought an Mts2000 with the host of r8.73 off of ebay. I read the codeplug with cps r02.03.00, made all of my changes, when I went to write the radio & a box popped up that said advanced system key needed. Well I tried several different ways to read & write with mtsx 6.07 & depot, all ending with failcode 1/93. So I loaded he original srec back in, read with regular mtsx 2.00.01 (not depot), saved, & wrote to radio, this time it took. Now I can read & write with cps. I don't know how, but this worked for me, Randy

Thanks
    Thanked 5,774 Times in 1,707 Posts

Excellent information. Yes, there have been many radios on eBay (usually from Texas) with ASK-enabled. The seller(s) are not up front about that fact.

Glad you found a way around this little gremlin.

GS4 is offline Inactive CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

I'll have to try that to see how it works. Just to confirm you read and saved the Sercord with the ASK codeplug, plus I assume you used on of the Depot/Lab RSS tools for this, is that correct?

Thanks.

Thanks

Yes, I saved the srec as same using depot R02.00.01, using the read without unpack, from main menu F3, F4, F2 to read radio, then F10, F6, type name then F8, then F4 to write srec. I used this for backup purposes, just in case. As for correcting the ASK issue, I read the radio as normal using mtsx R02.00.01 (not depot), saved the codeplug, then rewrote it to radio. Then using CPS I wrote the original file (I had made all of my changes to) to the radio & it took with no issues.

slcdabomb No Longer Registered

Excellent news. I am going to give it a try as well. I thought have never used that version as I have always have CPS to do my MTS2000 programming