Thread: Houston Is Getting Close To Switching

Thanks

Default Houston Is Getting Close To Switching

Thanks

I'd estimate such, lots of Astro radios on eBay from Houston, got a couple right here on my desk.

Thanks

Well they are going to simulcast the main pd channels in Phase 1 so maybe you should hang on to them!!!!

ars.ki5mc No Longer Registered

As I understand it from the last radio partner's meeting we had, HPD will only be simulcasting the Dispatcher's transmissions in Phase 1 on the 800 MHz Public Works side and not the mobiles or portables. This was to primarily placate the Tow Truck Companies and tow truck drivers. They were not planning to continue UHF after migration to the 700 MHz system was completed. We were also told at the last meeting that the Fire Department would be migrated first since they had fewer units to migrate then the Police Department. Every PD Patrol channel will have an encrypted tactical talkgroup as well.

We have another meeting scheduled for the latter part of this month, I'm sure we will know more on the actual progress and updates on the issues that they were still working out between them and Motorola.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ars.ki5mc View Post
    As I understand it from the last radio partner's meeting we had, HPD will only be simulcasting the Dispatcher's transmissions in Phase 1 on the 800 MHz Public Works side and not the mobiles or portables. This was to primarily placate the Tow Truck Companies and tow truck drivers.
    I would lean toward Multiselect as opposed to a "patch" also.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 689 Posts

Sow how about that initial switch of HFD to interim, ehy? That sure was an amusing week.

Thanks

Perfect Pat or whatever the HFD computer dispatcher is called sounded kind of drunk today. He was talking really S......L.....O......W. Hopefully the new system wont go down all the time like the MDT's do.