Thread: XTL5000 FL 01/90 Code

Thanks

Default XTL5000 FL 01/90 Code

I was looking for some guidance, I recently installed a XTL5000 remote mount in a truck. I installed everything as per the installation manual and have a slight issue.

When I turn on the remote mount when the truck is not running, it starts up just fine. I'll turn off the radio and I start up the truck and turn on the radio, FL 01/90 is displayed. If I do nothing the radio boots up just fine and works just fine. I do not have the ignition sense wire connected. Th radio reads and writes just fine too...

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks

Sounds like the radio is rebooting when you start the truck, and the head goes to fl 01/90 because it loses communication with the radio.

Thanks

I tied the positive to the control head into the positive of the radio head and they are both running directly into the battery positive terminal. The negative is also run to the negative post of the battery and the negative for the control head is grounded to the truck frame. Could it be that I ran both positives together? I also tried to sync the head to the brick and appearantly my version of the CPS does not have the current file to sync them. I believe that it said that I needed a newer update file.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Copperonly View Post
    I tied the positive to the control head into the positive of the radio head and they are both running directly into the battery positive terminal. The negative is also run to the negative post of the battery and the negative for the control head is grounded to the truck frame. Could it be that I ran both positives together? I also tried to sync the head to the brick and appearantly my version of the CPS does not have the current file to sync them. I believe that it said that I needed a newer update file.
    You should NEVER tie into the negative battery terminal. Electricity takes the path of least resistance. If for some reason the main ground fails, you could potentially send hundreds of amps through your radio. Ground the radio to the chassis.

Thanks

Roger that, I'll have that squared away ASAP. We'll see if that fixes the problem, probably not knowing my luck.

Thanks

So I checked the ground today and I had it right after all. I checked the data cable from the brick to the control head and moved them around to different ports. I'm still getting the same problem. When I start the truck I get the fail code and it will reboot and start up just fine. I'm starting to think that when I start the truck its pulling the voltage from the brick causing the failure code. I guess my question is, is this normal? The CMD 1550 that was previously installed worked just fine; however, there are quite a bit more volts and amps in play with this one.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,931 Times in 1,469 Posts

I have 3 ASTRO Spectra Plus' installed in my truck. When I start the truck, the radios reboot. No ignition sense wire.

I had a 900 XTL in the truck a while back. It would occasionally do a FAIL 01/90 when I started the truck.

When you give it a nice little voltage drop, it seems normal it would fail. Moto should write code into the firmware to power-cycle the radio if it detects a low voltage condition. Even if it means a double power-cycle -- to clear any FAIL codes.

Thanks

I have the same reboot issue in my truck too. The ign sence wire is coupled directly to the main B+. I have scoped the power wires and see that the drop isnt more than a volt maybe 1.2. Its a headache so all i do is turn the units on once the vehicle is running.

I agree a fix for this headache would be nice. It is a nice day today and I think Ill go and clean all the power connections and maybe try moving the main B+ line arround.

Thanks

Well if you find a winning combination, please share it. The only thing I can possibly think of now is I tied both the positive from the radio and the control head together. I might also try the ignition sense wire just for s and gs...