Thread: connecting two repeaters via ip when one is in dual mode

Thanks

Default connecting two repeaters via ip when one is in dual mode

Hi,

As the subject line asked, can this be done? I was lead to believe it could but before one goes off and commits to a customer it can I figured I would check for sure.

I understand there is no facilities to transcode/translate analog audio onto digital and re transmit with in the repeater it's self but is there a way one can still link both time slots when the dual mode repeater is receiving digital transmissions?

cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 8,542 Times in 2,357 Posts

Not with the XPR line. Maybe there's something that can be done with the C-bridge, but natively -- absolutely not.

When a dual-mode channel is configured, the IPSC option in the channel configuration is not present. The dual-mode-enabled repeater cannot connect to the master site. You're hooped.

When IPSC'd, all machines must be digital. When using IPSC, which timeslot(s) are networked IS configurable. A/B, A only or B only.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    Not with the XPR line. Maybe there's something that can be done with the C-bridge, but natively -- absolutely not.

When a dual-mode channel is configured, the IPSC option in the channel configuration is not present. The dual-mode-enabled repeater cannot connect to the master site. You're hooped.

When IPSC'd, all machines must be digital. When using IPSC, which timeslot(s) are networked IS configurable. A/B, A only or B only.
    Thanks - that what I suspected but wanted to check before jumping in.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,985 Times in 1,003 Posts

The ONLY application where I have used mixed mode successfully was where we had multiple repeaters on multiple mountain tops all on the same RF pairs but with different PLs. The customer wanted to migrate to digital, but access wasn't particularly easy for these sites. Once all the mobiles were converted, digital was a snap. The next phase will probably be getting them some more pairs and seeing about linking the sites and using IPSC.