Thread: xts3000 s-record for 9600 baud trunking

Thanks

Default xts3000 s-record for 9600 baud trunking

I've got a spare radio that I want to setup to do a 9600 baud system (obviously 800 MHz). I have the correct firmware to get into the radio. Does anyone have an s-record handy that has the correct option?

Thanks

Anybody have a lead on this?

newtomotorola No Longer Registered

Here you go

Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

How about a UHF range 3 9600 ?

Thanks

The 3k will not do 9600 trunking on UHF only 800.

Neo No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by newtomotorola View Post
    Here you go

Enjoy
    Is this for a model 1 2 3?

Thanks

This would be for a Model 3 450-520.

Thanks

The file posted is an 800 MHz model III, flash is 508008-000480-3

D12 B1 Q806 Q806 ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation
    D12 B3 H14 H14 Enhanced Digital ID Display
    D10 B4 H46 H46 Trunked One Touch Status Message
    D7 B4 H38 H38 SmartZone Systems Operation
    D3 B3 Q173 Q173 SmartZone Omnilink MultiZone Operation
    D2 B4 Q361 Q361 ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking

Thanks

I am sorry if I seem a little confused, but I opened the downloaded S-Rec and according to the model number in it , it appears to be for a 450 ASIII. Would it work on a ASIII 450-512? Can it be modified to a "S" split UHF or could some one provide one with all those same options but just 3600 bd trunking. Thank you in advance for you help.
    Last edited by radioman2013; May 02, 2012 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radioman2013 View Post
    I am sorry if I seem a little confused, but I opened the downloaded S-Rec and according to the model number in it , it appears to be for a 450 ASIII. Would it work on a ASIII 450-512? Can it be modified to a "S" split UHF or could some one provide one with all those same options but just 3600 bd trunking. Thank you
    Are you are asking if an S split S-Record will work for an S split radio?

Read this thread. It explains in detail how to add features to your Astro Saber, such as SmartZone, OmniLink, Soft-ID and One Touch. It may seem a little intimidating, but it works if you follow Mars' directions.

Thanks

Default Thanks to all

No I am not intimidated at all, I am an original Batlaber from back in the day when they were on Physco.net, and have worked extensively on the analog Spectra's and other M products for years making it do all it is capable of. As the post said, I was confused since the download is for a ASIII 450 and not an 800mhz, hopefully that's not an issue for the OP and additionally I was asking if it would work right out of the box so to speak on an "S" split without mod, or if it is easier could someone provide me a "S" split record since that is what I could use. I have read Mar's post and find it interesting and enlightning the information is similar to the analog Spectra, but I have limited work time on the Astro Line and their capabilities.
    BTW I have to say this I really, really appreciate that there are still people out there that will go the extra mile to do this kind of work and make it available to those who are interested about radio reprogramming for personal use. Thanks to all.

Thanks

The problem is tuning values and the serial number are stored in the s-record as well. Putting a provided s-record in your radio will work, but you are still going to have to edit the serial number and perhaps realign the radio if you didn't copy down the tuning values.

The method Mars posted works great. You can enable any feature you want. Heed his advise of only changing one thing at a time though. Changing more than one thing makes the checksum calculation difficult.

Good luck.

Thanks

Thanks, I will , I always copy down the tuning values prior to any mods, just in case. Once the "S" record is loaded into the radio can't you use the unnamed software to change it since the "S" record is a RSS version, or is it not?
    I have spent the better part of today looking at the entire FDB post and took the downloaded "S" record and decoded it for practice. The only thing I am wondering is if my radio is not "S" record readable (programmed with CPS 5.02 as opposed to RSS) how do I get the "S" record to modify, or do I need a RSS "S" record to start with. Please bear with me this is my first foray into the Astro series radios, and really don't want to brick any of them.

Thanks

You don't get the s-record with cps. You need to use another program, mtsxlab.

That s-rec was lets say somewhat modded to see if it would work at 400mhz but it doesnt.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newtomotorola View Post
    That s-rec was lets say somewhat modded to see if it would work at 400mhz but it doesnt.

I guess that was the reason I was confused when I deceiphered it. It came up as a "R" split not a "U" split. What portions of it would have to be modded to make it work as a "S" split. Just the model number, or is there another hex byte somewhere that determines bandsplit.

From memory it was originally an R split s-rec just the flashcode portion modded to include 9600 trunking