Thread: Earset for Mototrbo portable problem

spectreman No Longer Registered

Default Earset for Mototrbo portable problem

Hi all.
    I have a XPR6550 handheld with R01.09.10 firmware in it, radio bought new.
    I bought a PMLN5096A D style earset for it, but I cannot get it to work at all with the radio.
    After connecting the earset & turning on the radio, the radio says "invalid accessory" and an error boink.
    The cable type is correctly set for the accessory connector as Motorola.
    The USB programming cable has been working fine with the radio.
    Any ideas as to why this would not be working ??

Thanks. Cheers, Chris.

Thanks

Sounds like its not reading the 1-wire chip in the headset, it may be defective, do you have another radio to check the headset on?
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Yes, I think this could be the problem. I do not have another radio to check it on. Are there different versions of this particular earset, perhaps is not compatible with my model ?? But I would be surprised about this..

Well, I have studied the service manual for the XPR6550 and have found something interesting.
    According to the accessory connector pinout, pin 2 is for the 1 Wire chip.
    However, on my earset connector, pin 2 is not used at all, is vacant. The adjacent pin 1 is used, this is for the GPIO 0.
    Is it possible that the connector has been incorrectly built ? Pin 2 is definately in use on my programming cable.

The earset, I must point out, is a genuine Moto one too.

Can anyone else please have a look at their connector on a mototrbo audio accessory & confirm that pin 2 should be in use.

Cheers, Chris.

Thanks

Well, i cant say all audio devices use the 1wire pin, but i know i have seen that error in trying to build my own trbo accesories. Look at the gpio 1 and 2 lines there may be a comination of these that have to be grounded to tell the radio it has a audio acc on it.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte