Thread: Micom Pin Diodes

kd8gua No Longer Registered

Default Micom Pin Diodes

A few months ago I mostly fried my Micom 2TS. 6 of the 7 harmonic filter ranges are dead, because of fried pin diodes. I know there are 20 pin diodes on the board, and my research indicates 2 are used for each of the 7 filter ranges, leaving 6 with unknown functions.

I have replacement diodes, and a friend that can do surface mount soldering. However, he is not willing to work on the radio without proper documentation (which I don't blame him). I'm looking for a schematic of the pin diode locations and their board numbers, and also a chart or list of the pin diode numbers and what function they correspond to.

My radio has been fried for over 6 months now, and I'd like to start using it again, but no one seems to be able to help me. Either I am told to buy the Micom manual at $185 (which is not practical for me) or I'm told the manual is too big to scan... Well, I don't need the whole manual, just a a list of what the pin diodes do and what their board numbers are. I would hate to make my friend have to remove all 20 pin diodes and have to check them one at a time and then replace all of them. Granted he may have to do that to over half of them anyway.

Thanks for your help.

PRC148 No Longer Registered

I did my best to scan and photograph the entire high power section.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5509596/mic...%20section.zip

PRC148 No Longer Registered

Two more pages you might need

20130321_213853.jpg20130321_213903.jpg

kd8gua No Longer Registered

This is exactly what I have been looking for! Juvenile question, but according to the chart, I am inclined to believe that since ranges 2 and 7 use the same two pin diodes, and I know range 7 still works, that would lead me to believe range 2 should also still work. I've never tried range 2 since I have no reason to be on that band since it's between 80 and 160 meter ham bands

Thanks!