Thread: OOB codeplug for top display MT2000 hex edited to allow 440mhz ham band.

4322 No Longer Registered

Default OOB codeplug for top display MT2000 hex edited to allow 440mhz ham band.

Hello,

I am in need of a code plug, for a top display MT2000, that has been hex edited to allow programming of the 440mhz ham band in addition to the normal frequency range.

Thank you for your time,
    Dan
    kb8lkh@qsl.net

Thanks

I don't think a codeplug is going to do it for you, I think you will need to hex edit the RSS to go OOB. Instructions can be found here
    http://batlabs.com/mtsx.html
    about 3/4 the way down the page.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Default I ment MTSX.ODB file hex edited bandsplit 450

I got a little behind myself. I ment to say I need an MTSX.ODB file for a 450 bandsplitthat has been hex edited to allow programming of the ham band in addition to the normal split.

Dan,
    kb8lkh@qsl.net

I misspoke. I kent to say I need a hex edited MTSX.ODB FILE to allow a top display MT2000 to be programmed forham band in addition to normal split.

Dan,
    kb8lkh@qsl.net

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Follow the link provided and do it yourself. It's not that hard to do.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Thanks

There is also a good thread on how to hex edit.

https://www.p25.ca/threads/178-How-t...ght=edit+files

No luck with the hex editing.

Radio is: 450-470
    Model # is: H01SDD9AA4AN
    RSS is: labrss 2.0 (would like to find newer version)

Ihave hex edited the mtsx.odb file. I have changed all referencesof 450 in the ascii string(s) to 403. Replaced the original mtsx.odb file with the "new"jex editedfile. Rebooted computer and opened labrss. Went to change view in labrss to change/modify personalities. I still get the "Freauency out of range" error message.

What am I missing?
    What am I doing wrong?
    This appears to be not as easy as people are claiming it to be.

A friendof mine seems to think we have to actually modify to labrssitself. Is this true? if so, how is this accomplished?

Dan,
    kb8lkh@qsl.net

Thanks

You need to look for a different version of RSS, labtool is a unstable package used internally at Motorola. RSS 6.08 is available to download in the downloads section of the forum as of right now.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 738 Posts

Most of the various "lab" tools are usually specific in their use, the old MTSX "lab" is only useful for forcing a codeplug into a radio blindly. Otherwise it's way too old for normal use. Many of those type of tools are brain-damaged or limited in function to only the "special" features so in general you should only use them for their specific function, then switch to regular RSS/CPS after the initial edit or whatever.

Thanks

Also we dont provide edits that are nessessarily supported by an Lab/depot. All edits posted are tested on the software they are designed for.

Thanks to all who provided input.

It turns out that LAB RSS is in appropriate for this applifation. As suggested, I used RSS V6.08, and low and behold, it lers me enter the frequenciesin the 440 ham band. I will report bqck my results once I get my ham stuff programed in. I already had a bunch of public safety programmed in.

Dan,
    kb8lkh@qsl.net

All is well and the radio took the prohramming with no problems. Thanks for all of your help.

Dan,
    kb8lkh@qsl.net

Thanks

Happy to have helped and cleared up the editing issue.